Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Hi All, Rigger needs help looking 4 work.

Hi All, Rigger needs help looking 4 work.

Old Mar 5th 2011, 10:08 am
Just Joined

MartiJenner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi All, Rigger needs help looking 4 work.

Hello all you Expats, I am interested in finding work in the Middle east, I am a qualified NVQ3 Rigger and have been working mainly in the oil and gas industry with a brief spell on a vessel during a wellhead abandonment campaign.

I just need some advice on where to start and who to contact so any numbers, addresses or advice will more than welcome.

Thank you in advance

Martin.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 12:37 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi All, Rigger needs help looking 4 work.

welcome, I am guessing you need to contact Oil companies? Halliburton, Petrofac etc.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

Yes, I have sent Cv's to the main oil and gas companies but it's really quiet, that's why I tried on here, you never know would might read this and know someone who's looking for men etc.....
Old Mar 5th 2011, 1:47 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartiJenner
Yes, I have sent Cv's to the main oil and gas companies but it's really quiet, that's why I tried on here, you never know would might read this and know someone who's looking for men etc.....
I have one contact, I will send a copy of this thread to them.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I have one contact, I will send a copy of this thread to them.
That's very kind, thank you very much.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 11:48 am
Concierge

That's very kind, thank you very much.
not good news, most Rigger jobs are apparently done by the Asian Workforce at a fraction of the price you would be expecting to earn.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 11:59 am
Just Joined

not good news, most Rigger jobs are apparently done by the Asian Workforce at a fraction of the price you would be expecting to earn.
Yeah, that is a problem to be honest. Thanks for trying thou, I have spoken to a few people and a couple seem like they might be able to help, I will just keep putting CV's out and hope that I hit a company at the right time and fall lucky, I just thought I would try a site like this, you never know unless you try.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 12:07 pm
Concierge

Yeah, that is a problem to be honest. Thanks for trying thou, I have spoken to a few people and a couple seem like they might be able to help, I will just keep putting CV's out and hope that I hit a company at the right time and fall lucky, I just thought I would try a site like this, you never know unless you try.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 4:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Try all the heavy lift companies out here. I have known a number of well paid supervisors and managers for these companies and all have come from the shop floor. Previous comments are right in that the guys on the ground here are TCN's
ALE, Mammoet and I think Al Habtour have a heavy lift division in Qatar but may be wrong.
Also contact the big construction companies such as Carrillion
Old Mar 7th 2011, 8:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Try all the heavy lift companies out here. I have known a number of well paid supervisors and managers for these companies and all have come from the shop floor. Previous comments are right in that the guys on the ground here are TCN's
ALE, Mammoet and I think Al Habtour have a heavy lift division in Qatar but may be wrong.
Also contact the big construction companies such as Carrillion
Thank you, will get on it today.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

knickerdropofglory is an unknown quantity at this point

That's correct. All our riggers are either Indian or Filipino.. You could go looking at a QA role or a installation management position.

You pay peanuts you get monkeys! A climbing QA could be the way forward for you. (sorry I cant help you with a contact.. I have just created the said job for me in our organisation).
Old Mar 8th 2011, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by knickerdropofglory
That's correct. All our riggers are either Indian or Filipino.. You could go looking at a QA role or a installation management position.

You pay peanuts you get monkeys! A climbing QA could be the way forward for you. (sorry I cant help you with a contact.. I have just created the said job for me in our organisation).
A climbing QA, Now theres something to look into, lol. Thanks.