Granada compound riyadh

Old Apr 17th 2010, 6:00 am
Just Joined

brit asian is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Granada compound riyadh

Hello

My husband and i are moving to Riyadh and will be working as health porffessionals, we will be residing at the Granada Compound in Riyadh. It has been very difficult to find images of this compound. Has any one ever lived there or know of it and can you tell us anything about it.
We have been offered a two bed villa, what are these like?

Also what can a health manager from Britain with 15 years experince in the NHS taking up a a senior unit manager position at a hospital in Riyadh expect to get paid?

can any one help?
Old Apr 17th 2010, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

msk2009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Granada compound riyadh

Originally Posted by brit asian
Hello

My husband and i are moving to Riyadh and will be working as health porffessionals, we will be residing at the Granada Compound in Riyadh. It has been very difficult to find images of this compound. Has any one ever lived there or know of it and can you tell us anything about it.
We have been offered a two bed villa, what are these like?

Also what can a health manager from Britain with 15 years experince in the NHS taking up a a senior unit manager position at a hospital in Riyadh expect to get paid?

can any one help?
Hi,

I have once been to the granada compound when our company was planning to move from the Eid compound.
It is a good compound with a nice indoor swimming pool as well. As I remember it was inhabited by mostly from the health profession so good company for you.If you have children then there are some play areas as well.The rooms are not extremely big but for sure would match our UK standards.
It is extremely difficult to get compounds here and know family with children living in cramped one bed apartment in other compounds. so a 2 bed villa is a very good deal. You have Carrefour (something like TESCO) very close and a big shopping mall very close to it.

If the company is taking care of your transport, accomodation and flights I would say between 20000 to 25000 Saudi Riyals would be a good deal. Anything better is welcome. The cost of grocery and other expenses for 2 adults would be max around 5000 so you can still save a lot of money.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Granada compound riyadh

Three lil words on the Granada Compound Offer

'bite', 'hand' and 'off'

Do It without hesitation
Old Apr 18th 2010, 8:48 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your responses. Its reassuring to hear that the compound is nice, do you know what nationalites live there? and wether the actual villas are nice?

It does state in our offer letter that we will be given a 2 bed villa i hope that doesnt mean anything else?

Also does any one know what working life is like in the hospitals for senior managers, hours worked? how flexible are they such as does the concept of working from home even exist there or do we have to be at the desk for 8 etc?

Also what is life like for a nurse and are nurses respected in riyadh or does the hand maiden to the medical staff still apply?

Also how much does word of mouth count in KSA?

and sorry one more is there a lot of or any politics in hospital enviroments that it would be usefull to know about. The NHS in the uk is a highly political organisation.

please keep the replies coming as it is helpfull to talk to those of you that are already out there.

i will tell you what we are looking forward to the warm well baking hot weather; hope that lasts when we are out there.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 8:58 am
Just Joined

hi one more question? has the KSA exchange rate been affected by the ecnomic downturn? what is the best exchange rate we can expect and how do most people transfer money to uk accounts? will we need to open an off shore account?