good offer or not?

Old Mar 8th 2015, 8:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: good offer or not?

Ask them if they can explain what a noun is.
Old Mar 8th 2015, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

primularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Ask them if they can explain what a noun is.
This is an off-topic matter of discussion that has been discussed by me and others on the Italy section of the forum. My opinion is that the British and the American school systems are deficitary in grammar, privileging spelling (which I understand is a problem, not being English a phonetic language as Italian - this is why often we non native speackers don't have a clue on how to pronounce correctly many words). The result is that we can find English mother tongue people who sometimes write "its" for "it's" and "their" for "they are" because they cannot tell the difference!

Ok I will stop now, sorry. Back to the main topic!
Old Mar 17th 2015, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

Hoeniger is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, below are 3 tips, hope helpful

1) unwritten rule for housing is 3 x basic salaries annually. So you should be looking at 5k monthly. My advise, insist on compound housing instead of allowance, as compound is a MUST for expat family in saudi arabia.

2) education allowance is decent. Google british school in jeddah and you get to know about tuition fees.
3) travel is low if it means all your transportation. Again, rule is 10% of basic salary monthly. 2K should get you a decent mid size leased sedan, or depending on your stay duration, you can get a used SUV with small depreciation value at resale.

Good luck.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

lemonpie is an unknown quantity at this point

or the difference between loose and lose OR few and less. I could go on..... The trouble is the new generation of journalists in the UK don't know either. I saw "sewing seeds" in The Indie the other day. The English used in Saudi is a transglobal mismash of grammatical errors.