Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Go through agency or dirrect to company

Go through agency or dirrect to company

Old Jul 14th 2015, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Sarah_Jane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Go through agency or dirrect to company

Hello, I hoping to glean the benefit of expat experience please.

I have seen a job advertised in Qatar both through an agency and directly by the company on linkedin.

Would I best best making enquiries directly with the company or through the agency, or would it make no difference?

I am a professional women, but would be hoping to work under my husbands family visa as he is also currently looking at a post in Qatar.

Many thanks. SJ
Old Aug 12th 2015, 6:28 am
Just Joined

phoenix2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Go through agency or dirrect to company

Hi, late reply but hopefully still helpful. I have done it both ways ie via an agent/ recruitment company and direct with the company. I would say go via an agent. They're usually experienced in the process and can get things done much quicker. They can guide you, chase things up for you and keep you updated on your application.
Old Aug 12th 2015, 6:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Go through agency or dirrect to company

Originally Posted by Sarah_Jane
Hello, I hoping to glean the benefit of expat experience please.

I have seen a job advertised in Qatar both through an agency and directly by the company on linkedin.

Would I best best making enquiries directly with the company or through the agency, or would it make no difference?

I am a professional women, but would be hoping to work under my husbands family visa as he is also currently looking at a post in Qatar.

Many thanks. SJ
Pick one, don't do both.

Agency can help and give information but they're one step removed from the decision.

Direct can be more successful (they won't pay a fee for you) but can also be lost in a myriad of HR and nonsense.

Do you know someone in the company? Can you find the person who will make the decision on Linkedin?
Old Aug 17th 2015, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

Sarah_Jane is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Go through agency or dirrect to company

Thank you Scamp.

I chose to go directly to the company in the end - it was the right decision as I was able to a much more productive discussion about the post.