Finance market in Dubai

Old Aug 19th 2019, 1:09 pm
On a grand tour

tooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finance market in Dubai

Hi HWD

It's manageable, certainly. Even if your estimate of 25k for fixed overhead expenses is slightly optimistic, you will certainly be able to live quite adequately on 12-15k 'spending' money a month. What the responses here are saying is - broadly - why bother? What "life experiences" do you think are awaiting? Sitting in traffic at 50 degrees isn't that much better than sitting in traffic in the drizzle in Luton. If you're not going to be saving much (or anything) then overall the quality of your family's life is probably better in the UK.
Old Aug 19th 2019, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

HWD008 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tooboocoo
Hi HWD

It's manageable, certainly. Even if your estimate of 25k for fixed overhead expenses is slightly optimistic, you will certainly be able to live quite adequately on 12-15k 'spending' money a month. What the responses here are saying is - broadly - why bother? What "life experiences" do you think are awaiting? Sitting in traffic at 50 degrees isn't that much better than sitting in traffic in the drizzle in Luton. If you're not going to be saving much (or anything) then overall the quality of your family's life is probably better in the UK.
Thanks tooboocoo.

In in terms of life experience we live in quite a sleepy town in the UK where both my wife and I have been since we were children. The attraction with UAE was to live in a new city and enjoy everything it has to offer, appreciate can’t enjoy it all on the packages I may be able to achieve but we don’t live a lavish lifestyle as it is.

In addition I like the idea of our eldest attending school with different nationalities is appealing, as it’s very much a sheltered environment where she is at the moment. Every child is white, British and middle class!

Certainly sounds from the feedback on this forum like it isn’t the best idea, the responses are all much appreciated and taken onboard.
Old Aug 19th 2019, 6:49 pm
On a grand tour

tooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond repute

What about London, or someplace within easy reach? Or Frankfurt?
Old Aug 19th 2019, 10:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HWD008

Thanks tooboocoo.

In in terms of life experience we live in quite a sleepy town in the UK where both my wife and I have been since we were children. The attraction with UAE was to live in a new city and enjoy everything it has to offer, appreciate can’t enjoy it all on the packages I may be able to achieve but we don’t live a lavish lifestyle as it is.

In addition I like the idea of our eldest attending school with different nationalities is appealing, as it’s very much a sheltered environment where she is at the moment. Every child is white, British and middle class!

Certainly sounds from the feedback on this forum like it isn’t the best idea, the responses are all much appreciated and taken onboard.
move to London
Old Aug 20th 2019, 4:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse

move to London
Worst advice ever (IMO). Whilst a fantastic city at face value the daily grind, the misery, the dark commutes, the sweaty tubes, the cost of it all AND THEN the fact that every single Londoner is a massive bellend. Just simply impossible to consider.
Old Aug 20th 2019, 7:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Worst advice ever (IMO). Whilst a fantastic city at face value the daily grind, the misery, the dark commutes, the sweaty tubes, the cost of it all AND THEN the fact that every single Londoner is a massive bellend. Just simply impossible to consider.
All of what you have described is a somewhat character building experience.
Old Aug 20th 2019, 7:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

All of what you have described is a somewhat character building experience.
True, I'm a bit harsh on London because of the extreme wanker population ratio (some say I belong there). It definitely works if you're a 23 yo starting your career and want to be a top shagger and share an apartment I guess.

Old Aug 20th 2019, 1:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

True, I'm a bit harsh on London because of the extreme wanker population ratio (some say I belong there). It definitely works if you're a 23 yo starting your career and want to be a top shagger and share an apartment I guess.
couldn’t you say the same about Dubai?

london is great from a career perspective, it also integrates cultures better than Dubai (schools are full of mixed kids). I always used to say that mini’s primary school in Dubai was less culturally and ethnically diversified than his UK one. Certainly that’s the case for his secondary school where he is in the minority.

As for knobheads in London, you are of course correct. Then again, the Londoners’ views that the rest of the country are knobheads is also correct.
Old Aug 21st 2019, 4:57 am
Account Closed

couldn’t you say the same about Dubai?

london is great from a career perspective, it also integrates cultures better than Dubai (schools are full of mixed kids). I always used to say that mini’s primary school in Dubai was less culturally and ethnically diversified than his UK one. Certainly that’s the case for his secondary school where he is in the minority.

As for knobheads in London, you are of course correct. Then again, the Londoners’ views that the rest of the country are knobheads is also correct.
You very much could, in fact, it's probably a very good description....but it's a different sort of wanker. It's better from a career perspective in many industries and no different for many others.
London wankers are a class of their own, you can hear them before you see them and they're wankers at EVERY class level. It's astonishing.
Old Aug 21st 2019, 6:34 am
Just Joined

HWD008 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the input guys, I spend a fair amount of time in London for work and must admit I’m not a massive fan!

I’ve had a few conversations with recruiters and 40k seems like what I would achieve, so two final questions if you don’t mind....

1. Family of 4 with 2 children attending school... what salary is manageable? We save about £400/month in the UK.

2. Conscious we will need to keep costs down as ideally we would be able to save something... on that basis where would you recommend renting? Ideally we’d like somewhere for families with a bit of a community feel, Arabian ranches seemed ideal but appreciate it may be out of our budget.

Thanks,
Old Aug 21st 2019, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

Gavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really nice

You'll be absolutely fine on 40k if you get school fee contribution in addition to the salary. If not, add 5k per month to the salary for each child you'll need to pay school fees for, or a bit more if they're in high school.
Old Aug 21st 2019, 8:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by HWD008
Thanks for the input guys, I spend a fair amount of time in London for work and must admit I’m not a massive fan!

I’ve had a few conversations with recruiters and 40k seems like what I would achieve, so two final questions if you don’t mind....

1. Family of 4 with 2 children attending school... what salary is manageable? We save about £400/month in the UK.

2. Conscious we will need to keep costs down as ideally we would be able to save something... on that basis where would you recommend renting? Ideally we’d like somewhere for families with a bit of a community feel, Arabian ranches seemed ideal but appreciate it may be out of our budget.

Thanks,
Roughly (monthly):

130k rent - 11k a month
2 cars - 5k
Flights (4x ppl 2x year = 32k) = 3k
School (rough estimate) 10k
Food and shit - 5k
Utilities - 3k
TOTAL = 37,000

Doesn't leave much of a buffer, especially when one of the kids wants to do rugby club and it's 2,500 for the term, or you want to go for a nice dinner with the mrs and drop 1,500 before you've even had the second bottle of wine etc etc.

What are recruiters saying about the cost of living and if 40k works?
Old Aug 21st 2019, 9:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Roughly (monthly):

130k rent - 11k a month
2 cars - 5k
Flights (4x ppl 2x year = 32k) = 3k
School (rough estimate) 10k
Food and shit - 5k
Utilities - 3k
TOTAL = 37,000

Doesn't leave much of a buffer, especially when one of the kids wants to do rugby club and it's 2,500 for the term, or you want to go for a nice dinner with the mrs and drop 1,500 before you've even had the second bottle of wine etc etc.

What are recruiters saying about the cost of living and if 40k works?
almost identical numbers to my first post

I would imagine the recruiters are saying it’s a great tax free uplift and everything will be golden. What do you think scamp? 😂
Old Aug 21st 2019, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Gavtek
You'll be absolutely fine on 40k if you get school fee contribution in addition to the salary. If not, add 5k per month to the salary for each child you'll need to pay school fees for, or a bit more if they're in high school.
so basically what you are saying is he needs 50k. If they paid his rent it would be even better!
Old Aug 21st 2019, 9:23 am
Account Closed

almost identical numbers to my first post

I would imagine the recruiters are saying it’s a great tax free uplift and everything will be golden. What do you think scamp? 😂
I'd be saying 45 is not doable if you want to save any money. It's doable if you want to live here and post photos on Insta for the knobheads back home.
for a family of 4 with one working parent it's gotta be more. Especially if you want a maid and to go to brunches and be able to clothe your family.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.