British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   ME Job Discussions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/)
-   -   Female QS looking for work in UAE (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/female-qs-looking-work-uae-728024/)

Pezz361356 Aug 9th 2011 1:26 pm

Female QS looking for work in UAE

Ladies and Gents,

I've managed to get myself some suitable employment in Dubai permanently from Sept but now I'm in the position that the wife is also in need of work.

She's a Quantity Surveyor, we've been on gulf talent, linkedin, careerstructure, BayT, Dubizzle to name a few.

I'm guessing that due to us not being out there yet, it being Ramadan etc... that we're not going to hear back until we're over there in late Sept.

Does anyone else have any good links in the meantime to any other websites/recruiters or anything else that might us help in the hunt. Essentially she's on my visa and relocation package, so there's none of that for any potential employers....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pezz361356 Aug 24th 2011 4:16 pm

Re: Female QS looking for work in UAE

*Bump* Any thoughts anyone?

Patsy Stoned Aug 24th 2011 4:29 pm

The only thing I would suggest is not to mention initially that she is on your visa if she gets interviews..that way she will hopefully get her own package. I can't help with any suggstions of where to look for a job..sorry.

co durham boy Aug 25th 2011 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Pezz361356 (Post 9579519)
*Bump* Any thoughts anyone?

Use the forum for job hunting hints , try the usual suspects , Randsadt , Charterhouse , Hays , Bayt and construction based employment websites , Q.S's are still highly valued in Dubai as there's that much money still to be claimed from clients.

Also try Al Habtoor Leighton , they're actively recruiting for Q.S's for A.D.

Good Luck

Sandboy Aug 25th 2011 7:06 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 9580709)
Use the forum for job hunting hints , try the usual suspects , Randsadt , Charterhouse , Hays , Bayt and construction based employment websites , Q.S's are still highly valued in Dubai as there's that much money still to be claimed from clients.

Also try Al Habtoor Leighton , they're actively recruiting for Q.S's for A.D.

Good Luck

Habtoor Leighton should be starting a big job in Dubai soon ( jewel of the creek ) might get lucky

*and they no doubt took it for nowt so a good QS will be required ;)

co durham boy Aug 25th 2011 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 9580760)
Habtoor Leighton should be starting a big job in Dubai soon ( jewel of the creek ) might get lucky

*and they no doubt took it for nowt so a good QS will be required ;)

That coffer dam has been in for 3 years now , did Unibeton not have a plant in there at one time ?

Bahtatboy Aug 25th 2011 7:32 am

If she has claims experience she could try Systech, they're based in Dubai.

winter snow Aug 25th 2011 7:34 am

Originally Posted by Pezz361356 (Post 9547396)
Ladies and Gents,

I've managed to get myself some suitable employment in Dubai permanently from Sept but now I'm in the position that the wife is also in need of work.

She's a Quantity Surveyor, we've been on gulf talent, linkedin, careerstructure, BayT, Dubizzle to name a few.

I'm guessing that due to us not being out there yet, it being Ramadan etc... that we're not going to hear back until we're over there in late Sept.

Does anyone else have any good links in the meantime to any other websites/recruiters or anything else that might us help in the hunt. Essentially she's on my visa and relocation package, so there's none of that for any potential employers....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can wade your way through these recruiters and see if you have any joy.

1. www.clarendonparker.com
2. www.bacme.com
3. www.bayt.com
4. www.worldwideworker.com
5. www.lobomanagement.com
6. www.kershawleonard.net
7. www.mriww-uae.com
8. www.nadia-me.com
9. www.acrworld.com
10. www.gulfbankers.com
11. www.jobtrackgroup.net
12. www.nicholsonintl.com
13. www.sosrecruitment.com
14. www.mbrworldwide.com
15. www.jobhunting.com
16. www.bbt.co.uk (Email: dubaibbtltd.com)
17. www.alwazanuae.com (for oil industry)
18. www.alhamed.com (for oil & gas industry)
19. www.AAAJOBS.com (for oil & gas industry)
20. [email protected] .ae (not URLS for oil & gas industry)
21. www.carmichaelfisher.com
22. www.connectedgroup.com
23. www.intersearch.ae
24. www.efinancialcareers-gulf.com

Pezz361356 Aug 25th 2011 10:38 am

Thank you for all your comments, we'll check out all the links and see what comes from it. Here's fingers crossed, it'd be nice to get something before we head out there at the end of Sept, if not however it wont be the end of the world.

Sandboy Aug 25th 2011 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 9580794)
That coffer dam has been in for 3 years now , did Unibeton not have a plant in there at one time ?

aye, they've been kicked out, haven't been paid and we've all been invited to tender to take it up to ground level - some daft twat will bite

co durham boy Aug 26th 2011 2:59 am

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 9581730)
aye, they've been kicked out, haven't been paid and we've all been invited to tender to take it up to ground level - some daft twat will bite

There's a lot of volume in that excavation , no doubt some clown will bounce in with around 200 AED per m3.....:D

I hear there's a fair bit in the pipline for DXB and JXB , Concourse 4 and another runway and Logisitics City ....Ive been approached about making a comeback..

Sandboy Aug 26th 2011 4:09 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 9582376)
There's a lot of volume in that excavation , no doubt some clown will bounce in with around 200 AED per m3.....:D

I hear there's a fair bit in the pipline for DXB and JXB , Concourse 4 and another runway and Logisitics City ....Ive been approached about making a comeback..

200 has been and gone mate, I believe GaXXXXXri are in the running

surprised about JXB, met someone who has 4 plants there the other day and he was glum, mind that could be down to those he was supplying but he wants them out

co durham boy Aug 26th 2011 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 9582489)
200 has been and gone mate, I believe GaXXXXXri are in the running

surprised about JXB, met someone who has 4 plants there the other day and he was glum, mind that could be down to those he was supplying but he wants them out

Ga*****ri , another quality outfit eh...They must be bleeding now some of the outfits in DXB . It's bad enough down here in Doha everyone cutting each others throats for jobs and most of them have no hope of doing them as they just can't meet the specification .

The jobs i'm on about are 1million m3 plus but the contractor will be supplying internally , it's back to back payments , money already owed and all other promises thrown in . It's definitely not a straightforward deal , it's still up in the air but it looks like it's happening.