British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   ME Job Discussions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/)
-   -   Fast UK Degree Notarisation service? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/fast-uk-degree-notarisation-service-849879/)

Beakersful Jan 2nd 2015 9:23 pm

Fast UK Degree Notarisation service?

I'm looking for a fast service to get my UK degree copied and notarised. Mine has been"lost" by my current employer. I'm in KSA, can't wait the 8 weeks the British Council are stating they need to do it. (They are incapable of sending the resulting docs to another BC office for pickup!!) May be moving to AD in 6 weeks.

OriginalSunshine Jan 4th 2015 10:33 am

Re: Fast UK Degree Notarisation service?

Will the embassy do it?

Beakersful Jan 4th 2015 10:52 am

They directed me to the BC

Johnnyboy11 Jan 4th 2015 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Beakersful (Post 11519847)
I'm looking for a fast service to get my UK degree copied and notarised. Mine has been"lost" by my current employer. I'm in KSA, can't wait the 8 weeks the British Council are stating they need to do it. (They are incapable of sending the resulting docs to another BC office for pickup!!) May be moving to AD in 6 weeks.

Contact these people, they should be able to do it in a few working days, at a price, but provide a complete service and are very helpful.

I know from personal experience that the Qatar immigration process required four stamps on a colour copy of a degree certificate, in this order:

UK solicitor attestation
FCO, Milton Keynes
Qatar Embassy, London
MoI, Doha

Cost me about £350, including courier charges, but I managed to do it without leaving Doha.

Beakersful Jan 5th 2015 2:11 am

Thanks, I'll contact them. BC only charge £50 for the first copy notarised.........But needs must if this is the sticking point that disrupts my move out of this poophole.

EDIT: Possibly important question just popped up in my mind as you mentioned a different country. Am I notarising for the UAE, or one emirate? What if I don't get the job where I want to, get it in another emirate instead and I've notarised to the original emirate?

archie159 Jan 5th 2015 8:22 am

I have not used these people, but you could ask them:
UK Certificates Online | Apostille | Attestation | Legalisation

To your question - no, you are getting them notarised for the UAE, not just for one emirate.

Beakersful Jan 5th 2015 8:59 am

Originally Posted by archie159 (Post 11522191)

To your question - no, you are getting them notarised for the UAE, not just for one emirate.

That's a relief then. I've been over here long enough to know that no matter what you do, there's always another stage, stamp or signature needed to get a job done right. I'm not planning to sit on my rear end battling another beauracracy forcing more 30 day visa runs than i need to be doing.

I'll send some emails off tonight and get some dates/figures quoted.

wwinit Jan 6th 2015 2:29 pm

It's such a big headache. It's better to sort out your certificate in the UK rather than in KSA through Saudi BC. Now you need the following stamps for the legalisation:

UK solicitor attestation
FCO, Milton Keynes
UAE Embassy, London

Your HR in AD will process the rest for you. Good luck.

Beakersful Jan 8th 2015 9:22 am

Originally Posted by wwinit (Post 11523566)
It's such a big headache. It's better to sort out your certificate in the UK rather than in KSA through Saudi BC. Now you need the following stamps for the legalisation:

UK solicitor attestation
FCO, Milton Keynes
UAE Embassy, London

Your HR in AD will process the rest for you. Good luck.

I might pop into the AD BC next week actually. If they quote 8 weeks too, then next week will be a month before I shift, and it'll narrow the timeframe down. Dunno why I didn't bring it this weekend, I had all day today.....