Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Erm, I hate to ask a huge favour, but...

Erm, I hate to ask a huge favour, but...

Old Oct 12th 2009, 3:33 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Erm, I hate to ask a huge favour, but...

Mr Kitty joined the ranks of the redundant today and we essentially have 2 weeks before we need to give notice on our apartment *if* we want to.

The huge favour is to ask you chaps if you know anyone who may be looking for a senior landscape architect/ urban designer that has been chartered for the past 7 years - Dubai or Abu Dhabi, we don't mind.

Anyhow, rather than go off on one about his many talents or indeed wallow in self-pity, please pm me if you can help.

HK
Old Oct 12th 2009, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Poitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nice
Default Re: Erm, I hate to ask a huge favour, but...

Gosh -Sorry to hear you news.

Don't have any leads in that field - but best of luck with job search.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 11:21 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to Mr Kitty!
Old Oct 13th 2009, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

Sorry to hear that - good luck. If I see anything in AD I'll let you know.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

matthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
Mr Kitty joined the ranks of the redundant today and we essentially have 2 weeks before we need to give notice on our apartment *if* we want to.

The huge favour is to ask you chaps if you know anyone who may be looking for a senior landscape architect/ urban designer that has been chartered for the past 7 years - Dubai or Abu Dhabi, we don't mind.

Anyhow, rather than go off on one about his many talents or indeed wallow in self-pity, please pm me if you can help.

HK
I joined the ranks of the Mouchel redundant today, i'm looking around for a Commercial Manager position in the UAE.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 10:01 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

HK

Sorry to hear your news Kitty, obviously things still not getting any better in this big wide world, have asked at work but sorry they are still not hiring even though they have won a couple of projects recently.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 10:03 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Kitty and Matt, I am so sorry to hear this!! try www.****************, I don't have any dealings with them personally but they are always on twitter posting different positions so it is worth a look. I had a feeling there would be more pay offs, can't see it ending til the end of the year now. Good luck to you both

obviously they weren't worth recommending!
Old Oct 13th 2009, 10:11 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Matt, you may know my husband then! The situtaion is seriously messed up.

Thanks to you all for your kind word and/or leads.

BC, I think a lot of hope was set on "things will start coming in after Ramadan" and well, they obviously didn't. You're right, the next Optimism Milestone is the New Year... I have a good feeling about it...

lol
Old Oct 13th 2009, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

matthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Kitty and Matt, I am so sorry to hear this!! try www.****************, I don't have any dealings with them personally but they are always on twitter posting different positions so it is worth a look. I had a feeling there would be more pay offs, can't see it ending til the end of the year now. Good luck to you both

obviously they weren't worth recommending!

Unfortunately the link did not work, any chance of a PM?
Old Oct 13th 2009, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Matt, you may know my husband then! The situtaion is seriously messed up.

Thanks to you all for your kind word and/or leads.

BC, I think a lot of hope was set on "things will start coming in after Ramadan" and well, they obviously didn't. You're right, the next Optimism Milestone is the New Year... I have a good feeling about it...

lol
I had put 2 and 2 together with regards to the timing of the redundancy and the position. Send him my best regards.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Danajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really nice

Hi - if you use www.careerjet.co.uk - type in the 'what' box landscape architect and in the 'where' box Middle East - there's quite a few roles on there for him to pursue.

Hope this helps a bit - all the best.