ENEC Barakah

Old Jun 7th 2014, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all
Default ENEC Barakah

Hi everyone,
well out of the blue i get an interview for a role for the Barakah facility.
As far as i can see they are still building parts of it, but just wondering if anyone on here has any in sight of what its like working there.

I havent been given any idea about the offer other than its a 4 day on 3 day off shift pattern with food and accommodation provided plus medical and flights etc plus they will transport you to town everyday of the three days off

Anyone working there?
Old Jun 9th 2014, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Gus Honeybun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ENEC Barakah

It's certainly one of, if not the most, interesting and technically challenging project currently under construction in the UAE. The housing colony adjacent to the site is first class, as are the comunial facilities. If your employer is one of the Korean main contractors, and the overall package is acceptable, it must be worth considering. Project completion due 2020?
Old Jun 10th 2014, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

well i had the phone interview and didnt get the sense that it went well.
But, i will find out in a week or so and then worry about the details (i.e. i have 4 kids, and us the accomodation and camp life suitable for families).
Old Jun 21st 2014, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

well.. it will be 2 weeks tomorrow.. and no response either way

nomally.. i'd say.."nope.. no luck there" but i dont know if the middle east recruiting situation is much different...

I havr read on here that the recruiting process can be drawn out and tedious... but does that apply to the initial interview.. "you have moved to the next stage" bit?

thanks for any input
Old Jun 21st 2014, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

GolfGardener has a brilliant futureGolfGardener has a brilliant futureGolfGardener has a brilliant futureGolfGardener has a brilliant futureGolfGardener has a brilliant futureGolfGardener has a brilliant future

I've heard of people going for an interview, hearing nothing, and then eight months later being contacted to ask how soon they can start!

Originally Posted by DeepSix
well.. it will be 2 weeks tomorrow.. and no response either way

nomally.. i'd say.."nope.. no luck there" but i dont know if the middle east recruiting situation is much different...

I havr read on here that the recruiting process can be drawn out and tedious... but does that apply to the initial interview.. "you have moved to the next stage" bit?

thanks for any input
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

8 months later..!!

well... i guess i will just sit tight and wait.. and wait... and wait... and then just get a different job somewhere else!!
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Do you really think that the UAE is ever going to have a viable nuclear set up? It is bound to go the same way as the Iraqi Osirak reactor. Emiratis are too dangerous to let near nuclear technology. If Israel doesn't do for them, some American subordinates will.

Last edited by OleJanx; Jun 22nd 2014 at 12:12 pm.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

As long as i can build it.. and move on... meh...