Dubai Salary/Package

Old Feb 21st 2015, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Youngworker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dubai Salary/Package

Hello,

I see a lot of these salary posts but due to them being all dependent on circumstances I thought I would post my own situation.

I have worked in the Middle East in the past (Jeddah) and I have taken up a new position, due to start in two weeks, in Dubai with an international construction company. I am a 24 year old single guy and the package on offer is as follows:

- Base Salary: 290k AED per annum
- Perks: Western standard accommodation provided, company car, food allowance, off shore pension (employer 10% contribution), health and other little things.

My question being will the base salary be sufficient for me to have a good lifestyle in Dubai. A good lifestyle being the typical single bachelor life of going out for meals 3 times a week, out to bars on weekends, brunches, sports/watersports, buying nice clothes and gadgets etc.

Any help will be appreciated. I have ae my mind up that I am going but want to put my mind at ease about how my lifestyle will be.

Thanks!
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Salary/Package

So 290k is pure disposable?
290k/ 52= 5,577dhs a week for wine, woman and song.

I think you'll struggle to run a Lear Jet but, otherwise, you'll be pissed, shagged and sung out.
Old Feb 28th 2015, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

wwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud of

The package is not that bad at all based on your age and expertise. The monthly base salary is around AED 24K, which is nearly the same as mine who is 50+. Yes, we know that the cost of living in Dubai is so high compared to other cities. Given your lifestyle mentioned, I do believe as a single you can still save up some money; however you might like to compromise a bit to suit your level. Enjoy your new freedom and get more experience in UAE.
Old Mar 1st 2015, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

As a single with 24K a month to play with and housing/food/transport covered, you'll have more disposable income than at least 95% of Dubai's population.

If you want to be nitpicking your generous offer I'd be asking questions such as where the company provided accom is or the type of company car it is. A studio in Discovery Gardens and a Corolla versus 2-bed flat in Al Majara in the Marina and a Fortuner. Which is it?

You'll be working six days a week, right? Won't leave you much time to enjoy life in Dubai!

Originally Posted by Youngworker
Hello,

I see a lot of these salary posts but due to them being all dependent on circumstances I thought I would post my own situation.

I have worked in the Middle East in the past (Jeddah) and I have taken up a new position, due to start in two weeks, in Dubai with an international construction company. I am a 24 year old single guy and the package on offer is as follows:

- Base Salary: 290k AED per annum
- Perks: Western standard accommodation provided, company car, food allowance, off shore pension (employer 10% contribution), health and other little things.

My question being will the base salary be sufficient for me to have a good lifestyle in Dubai. A good lifestyle being the typical single bachelor life of going out for meals 3 times a week, out to bars on weekends, brunches, sports/watersports, buying nice clothes and gadgets etc.

Any help will be appreciated. I have ae my mind up that I am going but want to put my mind at ease about how my lifestyle will be.

Thanks!