Dubai Package

Old Oct 2nd 2011, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

return guide is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dubai Package

Hi all,
Long time reader first time poster.
I have been offered 375K AED for a role with my company in Jabel Ali.
A few questions if I may:
Where would be the best close area for a family with 3 kids ( age 10 - 15).
Along with the cash offer I will be offered housing, education,transport and flight allowances. What could I reasonably expect to be paid on these allowances?
Does this package sound good enough to live reasonably well and still put some savings away?
Thank you
Rg

Last edited by return guide; Oct 2nd 2011 at 2:02 pm. Reason: Stupidity
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 1:58 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Package

64 quid won't go very far.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
64 quid won't go very far.
Edited post, thanks
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 2:14 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by return guide
Does this package sound good enough to live reasonably well and still put some savings away?
It certainly does. Just make sure the allowances are sufficient to really cover those things, schooling in particular. There have been plenty of threads in the last year in a similar vein, but in a nutshell if your allowances cover those main expenses, all you'll need to pay for is pension, food and entertainment. You'd probably have to be earning GBP 150k+ pa in UK to have 5k disposable income a month.

There will be myriad points of detail to consider, but one thing is health insurance--make sure its not just the basic UAE cover: I've just been reading the ADNIC (Abu Dhabi National Insurance Company) Health Insurance User Guide (similar to the Dubai one?), and the list of exclusions is long...

Welcome, and good luck
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
It certainly does. Just make sure the allowances are sufficient to really cover those things, schooling in particular. There have been plenty of threads in the last year in a similar vein, but in a nutshell if your allowances cover those main expenses, all you'll need to pay for is pension, food and entertainment. You'd probably have to be earning GBP 150k+ pa in UK to have 5k disposable income a month.

There will be myriad points of detail to consider, but one thing is health insurance--make sure its not just the basic UAE cover: I've just been reading the ADNIC (Abu Dhabi National Insurance Company) Health Insurance User Guide (similar to the Dubai one?), and the list of exclusions is long...

Welcome, and good luck
Thanks for the advice.

I would be confidant about the Health Insurance as I know some people who work with this company and its not an issue.
Any ideas on good places to live? The office is in the Jabel Ali area, what would the commute be like from say the Marina area?

Rg
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 5:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by return guide
Thanks for the advice.

I would be confidant about the Health Insurance as I know some people who work with this company and its not an issue.
Any ideas on good places to live? The office is in the Jabel Ali area, what would the commute be like from say the Marina area?

Rg
Depending on where in Jebel Ali, if in the Industrial park or those new offices on the main road (can't remember the name)...but Marina to JA is roughly 5-20 minutes depending where and at what time.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

It takes me 18 minutes from the Marina to the Abu Dhabi border in the evenings after work, so from Marina to JA can't be more than 7-8 or so.