British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   ME Job Discussions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/)
-   -   DUBAI....NEED HELP URGENTLY (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/dubai-need-help-urgently-891926/)

Ravishunmugavel Feb 21st 2017 12:21 am

DUBAI....NEED HELP URGENTLY

I am civil engineering professional ..I have decided to go Dubai by march 10 /2017 for searching a job ....is this a good move now ? What is the situation there .....I am 3 year experienced professional...... Pls guide me ....welcoming valuable comments.... Thanks in advance....

old.sparkles Feb 21st 2017 12:28 am

Re: DUBAI....NEED HELP URGENTLY

Originally Posted by Ravishunmugavel (Post 12185307)
I am civil engineering professional ..I have decided to go Dubai by march 10 /2017 for searching a job ....is this a good move now ? What is the situation there .....I am 3 year experienced professional...... Pls guide me ....welcoming valuable comments.... Thanks in advance....

How is this urgent?

al dente Feb 21st 2017 2:24 am

This is not urgent.

Speak to some recruitment consultants perhaps. They will give you the lay of the land.

DubInRiyadh Feb 21st 2017 5:42 am

No its not a good move now

mission Feb 21st 2017 6:20 am

how the hell is this urgent? lol
dude you better get a job BEFORE coming out here

scrubbedexpat141 Feb 21st 2017 8:28 am

I wouldn't do it if I were you.

jam25mack Feb 21st 2017 10:10 am

3yrs experience doesn't make you hot property....

Where is your degree from? Whats your nationality?

DXBtoDOH Feb 21st 2017 10:19 am

Look at how he writes and his username.

Pakistan. Maybe India.

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 12185549)
3yrs experience doesn't make you hot property....

Where is your degree from? Whats your nationality?

DubInRiyadh Feb 21st 2017 10:30 am

He's almost a Civil Engineer - should fit in quite nicely

ShirleyG102 Feb 21st 2017 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH (Post 12185561)
Look at how he writes and his username.

Pakistan. Maybe India.

That's super racist 🤓

Pollyana Feb 21st 2017 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by ShirleyG102 (Post 12185746)
That's super racist � ����

Don't see why. Seems a fair enough observation based on similar posts on here in the past. If its wrong he can always say so.

ShirleyG102 Feb 21st 2017 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 12185763)
Don't see why. Seems a fair enough observation based on similar posts on here in the past. If its wrong he can always say so.

Ummm, the language in that post could easily be used by people from several other nationalities - Spanish, for instance, or any Asian or Latino country could qualify, but the fact that only two were mentioned is what makes it racist. Often times when you're being racist you don't see it.

ShirleyG102 Feb 21st 2017 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by ShirleyG102 (Post 12185775)
Ummm, the language in that post could easily be used by people from several other nationalities - Spanish, for instance, or any Asian or Latino country could qualify, but the fact that only two were mentioned is what makes it racist. Often times when you're being racist you don't see it.

French too, actually.

christmasoompa Feb 21st 2017 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by ShirleyG102 (Post 12185775)

It's not racist to simply make an assumption about where a poster is from. No derogatory comments were made about Pakistani or Indian forum members, a guess as to the OP being from one of those countries was simply put forward, but I can't see how that's in any way racist.

FWIW, certain countries do write taught English a certain way, and it's fairly easy to spot. It's not a problem though, but maybe just helps with a bit of background when it comes to job related questions in the ME.

Pollyana Feb 21st 2017 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12185783)
It's not racist to simply make an assumption about where a poster is from. No derogatory comments were made about Pakistani or Indian forum members, a guess as to the OP being from one of those countries was simply put forward, but I can't see how that's in any way racist.

FWIW, certain countries do write taught English a certain way, and it's fairly easy to spot. It's not a problem though, but maybe just helps with a bit of background when it comes to job related questions in the ME.

Exactly :) I can't see what's racist about it. No-one was being rude or derogatory or offensive. :confused: