Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

DUBAI....NEED HELP URGENTLY

DUBAI....NEED HELP URGENTLY

Old Feb 21st 2017, 5:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DUBAI....NEED HELP URGENTLY

Originally Posted by ShirleyG102
French too, actually.
I'm not sure about racist, but falsely accusing someone of being french is outright offensive.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

ShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I'm not sure about racist, but falsely accusing someone of being french is outright offensive.
Hahahahaha - that's just hilarious!

Ok, well, I guess I'm probably a bit more sensitive to these issues than you all seem to be. Point to note - I'm British, but naturalized (with a z) as a British citizen.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 8:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hahahahaha - that's just hilarious!

Ok, well, I guess I'm probably a bit more sensitive to these issues than you all seem to be. Point to note - I'm British, but naturalized (with a z) as a British citizen.
So if I said that my guess from your posts would be that you are from the US or Canada, you'd find that racist?

There's no requirement to be a Brit (naturalised or otherwise) to post on BE. It really doesn't mean anybody is being racist if they just guess that somebody is from somewhere else (unless they were also derogatory about the nationality in question, in which case it may well be).
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 2:45 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Ummm, the language in that post could easily be used by people from several other nationalities - Spanish, for instance, or any Asian or Latino country could qualify, but the fact that only two were mentioned is what makes it racist. Often times when you're being racist you don't see it.
The phrasing of the post is particularly Indian or Pakistani sounding to me.

Being from India or Pakistan is a nationality not a race
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 3:45 am
Just Joined

Ravishunmugavel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi good morning every body ......thanks for the replies ..........I don't know why racism got into this topic...........I am a human being before being an Indian .........
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

ShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
So if I said that my guess from your posts would be that you are from the US or Canada, you'd find that racist?
Nicely demonstrated! I guess I wouldn't. I suppose it was just the negative connotation associated with the original assumption that threw me off. "That's bad English so it's probably Pakistani or Indian".
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 7:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

That's bad English so it's probably Pakistani or Indian
Racist.
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 7:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Nicely demonstrated! I guess I wouldn't. I suppose it was just the negative connotation associated with the original assumption that threw me off. "That's bad English so it's probably Pakistani or Indian".
I don't think anybody said it was bad English - but it is written a certain way which would lead most (correctly, as it turns out) to assume the OP is from India or Pakistan.

No racism at all IMO, and presumably it's relevant to the OP's questions, so now that he's confirmed his nationality those in the know should be able to help.
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 7:43 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ravishunmugavel
Hi good morning every body ......thanks for the replies ..........I don't know why racism got into this topic...........I am a human being before being an Indian .........
Stay in India is my advice, lots of Indians are moving back from the UAE at present.
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 8:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ravishunmugavel
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 2:28 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

... "That's bad English so it's probably Pakistani or Indian".
We'd never say that on here. We reserve that for yanks.
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
We'd never say that on here. We reserve that for yanks.
Haha. You might do if you were George Orwell or Winston Churchill or even Prince Philip...but I suppose those kinds don't hang out on forums 😂
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 3:53 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Haha. You might do if you were George Orwell or Winston Churchill or even Prince Philip...but I suppose those kinds don't hang out on forums 😂
Only Elvis. But we're not rude to him.