Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Dubai/Abu Dhabi recruitment

Dubai/Abu Dhabi recruitment

Old May 24th 2013, 10:48 pm
FCB
Just Joined

FCB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dubai/Abu Dhabi recruitment

Hi, hoping someone can give me some guidance. Myself and my partner are hopefully moving to Dubai/Abu dhabi, trying to secure jobs before we go. He is a mechanical engineer just hoping anyone has any tips in where is best to sen your cv to etc?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old May 25th 2013, 6:44 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai/Abu Dhabi recruitment

Recruitment agencies, companies which have just won large projects, companies which are active long-term, and all his network connections.

Tip 1. Search this forum--there's a huge amount of relevant advice here.
Tip 2. If you don't search first and then ask questions which have been asked and answered frequently before, you'll need a fair degree of resilience to weather the abuse.
Tip 3. Unless you have some connections in UAE (which seems unlikely given your question), you can't move to the UAE without a job, so you'll need to sort that first.
Tip 4. I assume by "partner" you mean bf/gf. If so, you can't legally cohabit. Search the forum for that topic too.

Good luck.
Old May 27th 2013, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

The 'Search' function does not work on all computers.

Try www.gulftalent.com. They have loads of jobs on there.
Old May 27th 2013, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

Quackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really nice

Originally Posted by FCB
Hi, hoping someone can give me some guidance. Myself and my partner are hopefully moving to Dubai/Abu dhabi, trying to secure jobs before we go. He is a mechanical engineer just hoping anyone has any tips in where is best to sen your cv to etc?

Any help would be much appreciated.
http://www.mybbcareer.com/fe/tpl_bal...6632&aid=16877

There are many Indians that are employed as Mechanical/Electrical Engineers. They are cheap (and generally useless) so don't expect to be making good money
Old May 30th 2013, 12:22 am
Naz
Just Joined

Naz is an unknown quantity at this point

You could try Bayt who have lots of jobs advertised. Don't know if they are any good though.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 12:07 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zaltthh22
I will suggest you to hire a consultant before moving. Sometime it is difficult to survive. We don't know for how long it will take to get a job. Job consultant is the best option for survive..

The above posted before I'd clicked on the link. Before it gets removed, and just as a public service, this is what the gits can do.

GIT Company India, Company main objective is to provide services, workforce solutions and recruitment for candidates and staff across industries or multinational companies. Our company has reliable reputation in various corporates and multinational industries across world. Being authorized service provider to various industries, from begin till Today Company has rapidly progressed.

By focusing on team and quality management protocols and implementing rigorous vetting and screening procedures, our client will be confident for taking services. Our company has a strong network with many employers all over the nation. We consistently provide high quality, who delivers a unique quality of candidates those are skilled in work.

GIT has mainly focused to serve: Financial/Banking, FMCG, It Sector, Retail, and Engineering. GIT helps in Build talent, Inspired Performances, Tools to reduce the emotion and help to make a more logical and quantitative, candidate selection on talent attitude

Last edited by Sue; Jun 5th 2013 at 7:23 pm. Reason: Link removed
Old Jun 5th 2013, 12:19 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
We consistently provide high quality, who delivers a unique quality of candidates those are skilled in work.
Just read that again: so, in English: We consistently provide high quality candidates who have a unique quality: they are skilled in the work they do.

Never a truer word spoken.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

abi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud of

Make sure he's on linked in - my hubby was and got approached - so make sure everything looks good.

Good luck