Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

DOHA - Qualification and employment checks

DOHA - Qualification and employment checks

Old Nov 20th 2013, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

relocatee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DOHA - Qualification and employment checks

Hello All,

I am interested in accounting/finance jobs in Doha but I'm in need of a little advice. I tried searching the forum but I couldn't find enough info.

1. I already finished my degree but my official university results did not come yet. I only have stamped transcripts showing all marks. Will this be enough for now? I can show my employer, all final certificates as soon as I receive them (probably around the relocation time). For now I only have transcripts for each semester.

2. For the past 4 years I worked in two companies. The first one of them has been shut last year. I have references in writing from my current employer but none from the previous one. I cannot show my future boss any other employment proof other than pay slips and tax form. Is that enough? They cannot call and ask about my performance coz the company was dissolved

3. In general, do they verify employment history in the same way as in UK or should I expect some extra checks?

4. Should I expect to be invited for an interview in person or is it possible to have one online in the form of conference call. My friend works in Dubai and he didn't have any interview but every company may be different.

Thank you!!!

Last edited by relocatee; Nov 20th 2013 at 5:37 pm.