Doha Engineering Job Offer

Old Feb 12th 2016, 12:13 am
Just Joined

swansee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Doha Engineering Job Offer

hello fellow Brits,
Need your advice please,
Got an offer in Doha, 18K Riyals basic salary + 15K Riyals expenses [includes housing]+ flights + private medical insurance + 0-3 months salary bonus
I told the guys I won't take the offer unless i have 25K basic salary and 16k expenses+ the other things.
I have almost 7 years experience in engineering, i'm single
Any thoughts as to what I should actually claim as a minimum. I need to be able to save good money, other wise I prefer to stay here.

really appreciate pals
Old Feb 13th 2016, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doha Engineering Job Offer

Originally Posted by swansee
hello fellow Brits,
Need your advice please,
Got an offer in Doha, 18K Riyals basic salary + 15K Riyals expenses [includes housing]+ flights + private medical insurance + 0-3 months salary bonus
I told the guys I won't take the offer unless i have 25K basic salary and 16k expenses+ the other things.
I have almost 7 years experience in engineering, i'm single
Any thoughts as to what I should actually claim as a minimum. I need to be able to save good money, other wise I prefer to stay here.

really appreciate pals
That's a 33K total cash hit monthly , not too bad to be honest , you can get a decent flat for 10K or maybe villa share if you're single . It really all depends on what you want to spend when you're in Qatar .

I'd consider it , do the basic relative cost of what you're getting now. You could save quite a bit of that or blow the lot , it depends on what you want .

The expenses are high as they're looking at softening any payment reading EOSB
Old Feb 13th 2016, 8:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by co durham boy
That's a 33K total cash hit monthly , not too bad to be honest , you can get a decent flat for 10K or maybe villa share if you're single . It really all depends on what you want to spend when you're in Qatar .

I'd consider it , do the basic relative cost of what you're getting now. You could save quite a bit of that or blow the lot , it depends on what you want .

Thank you for the feedback, I don't think they are will accept my request but let's cross fingers
From what I have read, if I rent a 2 bed flat in an average area (not the kind of west bay or pearl ...) the total expenses including food and transport would total 17k , I'm not a heavy consumer but I expect family visits
What is the average cost of utility bills for a two bed flat lets say in Madinat Khalifa or alike? And the monthly rent of a car (ex Ford Focus)?

Cheers
Old Feb 13th 2016, 8:43 am
Just Joined

My big concern is the job prospect, I was told there is work definitely guranteed for at least two years, but I can feel a bad mood among expats due to oil and gas situation, the job is in the railway Metro though
Old Feb 14th 2016, 3:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

What's the actual job?
Old Feb 14th 2016, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

My big concern is the job prospect, I was told there is work definitely guranteed for at least two years, but I can feel a bad mood among expats due to oil and gas situation, the job is in the railway Metro though
Tell me what you're doing and for who and i'll give you a better response . Job prospects are job prospects in the Gulf especially in construction , you build it and you move on or you get the months notice then repeat until you have enough money.

There's very little security anywhere in this industry especially here .
Old Feb 14th 2016, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

Venezuelan007 is an unknown quantity at this point

At first I laughed when people said 2X or not worth it...

Now I completely agree with them. If its not double your current income, its not worth it. Specially if you are single, you will waste your good years here. Or you will spend a lot of $$$ trying to make it livable
Old Feb 14th 2016, 5:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Venezuelan007
At first I laughed when people said 2X or not worth it...

Now I completely agree with them. If its not double your current income, its not worth it. Specially if you are single, you will waste your good years here. Or you will spend a lot of $$$ trying to make it livable
I completely disagree.
Old Feb 14th 2016, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
I completely disagree.
+ 1
Old Feb 14th 2016, 10:22 am
Just Joined

Tell me what you're doing and for who and i'll give you a better response . Job prospects are job prospects in the Gulf especially in construction , you build it and you move on or you get the months notice then repeat until you have enough money.

There's very little security anywhere in this industry especially here .
@scamp and @co durham boy, my job is gonna be systems assurance and certification, basically meet customer's requirements in terms of performance.
Old Feb 14th 2016, 10:28 am
Just Joined

My view is if you can't save at least £4000 per month by going there it is not really worth. I also think in Doha the learning and development curve is slow compared to the UK, I have more opportunities here to develop I guess
Old Feb 14th 2016, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

My view is if you can't save at least £4000 per month by going there it is not really worth. I also think in Doha the learning and development curve is slow compared to the UK, I have more opportunities here to develop I guess
You've answered your own question then . You're 4000GBP is relevant to you , if it's what you need then ok , if it's what you want then that's different .

Peoples deals come in all shapes and sizes like the people themselves , never price yourself out of the job but don't under sell yourself either.

There's not may people in your field with your experience saving 4 grand a month in Doha, think of it like that .
Old Feb 14th 2016, 11:22 am
Just Joined

You've answered your own question then . You're 4000GBP is relevant to you , if it's what you need then ok , if it's what you want then that's different .

Peoples deals come in all shapes and sizes like the people themselves , never price yourself out of the job but don't under sell yourself either.

There's not may people in your field with your experience saving 4 grand a month in Doha, think of it like that .
Thanks for your reply, I just wanted to know if 16000 riyals would cover a decent 2 bed flat ( average area), bills, transport and food? I'm not that keen on spending money outside on restaurants ...., and not a heavy drinker
Old Feb 14th 2016, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for your reply, I just wanted to know if 16000 riyals would cover a decent 2 bed flat ( average area), bills, transport and food? I'm not that keen on spending money outside on restaurants ...., and not a heavy drinker
Yes
Old Feb 14th 2016, 11:37 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

We have a sticky covering this for the 1 million 201 times its been asked http://britishexpats.com/forum/middl...-qatar-762609/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.