Doctor in Qatar??

Old Feb 27th 2017, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

drjekyll68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Doctor in Qatar??

Originally Posted by Maxima
So Dr Jekyll is a neurologist and Mr. Hyde is a nurologist?
it was just a Letter mistake.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 9:19 am
Just Joined

sab123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tihami
It all depends on ur reasons to move to Qatar. Stronger the reason, more the satisfaction. It is very individual I think. Job is less stressful. Saving are much better than UK , even if one is earning more in UK. There are already 90-100 UK/Aus/USA GP working here so u r not the only one. Only 3 UK GPs have left so far over the last 1.5 years b/c of their family reasons.

Having said that, Oil prices are going down and Middle East economy had a blow. There is cost cutting on the way so few things may change in future.
Hi I'm considering a job at the PHCC I'd really appreciate it if there was any way I could contact you tihami to discuss further? My email address is <snip> or if there is anyone else working there as a gp that I could talk to?
Thank you

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 21st 2017 at 10:36 am. Reason: Email address removed - BE is a public forum so it will be picked up by every spambot and weirdo out there!
Old Jul 25th 2017, 10:49 am
Just Joined

UKGP is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm also considering a job as a GP in PHCC. Would appreciate if I could get in touch with someone to discuss working conditions, etc there?
Old Nov 26th 2017, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

Nav262 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi UKGP

Did u finally take the job? would appreciate if you share your experience. I have just been offered grade 115 GP job by PHCC, still not decided.
Old Jan 13th 2018, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

London360 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All!
Im new this extensive thread...so, I'm sorry if I ask questions already answered..
I'm a UK consultant considering a job at HMC...
Wanted to hear from those who are in similar jobs in Qatar/ Have been.. regarding pay, life, stress etc..
And IF it was worth the move ..
Thank you very much
Old Feb 7th 2018, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

sarfraz151 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone I am a physician in the US and wanted to move to Qatar at HMC. I am in the process of their offer acceptance for my job at HMC. After they sent their initial offer which I declined, they sent me another offer with slightly increased take home package. The market allowance initially was 50% of my basic salary but now in the 2nd offer although tha take home salary is more but they reduced the market allowance to 30% and added all the additional money in to special allowance. I just wanted to know that what is the significance of reducing market allowance for me. Your response is highly appreciated.
Old Apr 11th 2018, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

rsba has a reputation beyond reputersba has a reputation beyond reputersba has a reputation beyond reputersba has a reputation beyond reputersba has a reputation beyond reputersba has a reputation beyond reputersba has a reputation beyond reputersba has a reputation beyond reputersba has a reputation beyond reputersba has a reputation beyond reputersba has a reputation beyond repute

Are there any doctors here who made it to Qatar? I got offered a senior consultant job back in November which I accepted and now the process has stalled. I'm being told HMC are waiting for budget approval before proceeding with my recruitment. There is no indication of how long it might take to get this approval. Is anyone else in the same boat?