Old Jul 30th 2015, 10:17 am
Just Joined

mshaqal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Doctor in Qatar??

Originally Posted by EAziz
Give me a buzz on skypppppppppppppppppppe please

drehabaziz
redacted

Last edited by mikewot; Jul 30th 2015 at 2:49 pm.
Old Aug 12th 2015, 10:23 pm
Just Joined

Akord5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Another GP here - interviewed January this year for mobile GP service at HMC, currently going through credentialing / verification process. Can anybody advice how long it takes from your experience, as getting mixed messages. Anybody out there interviewed in January and already in Qatar or about to relocate there? Thank you
Old Aug 14th 2015, 8:46 am
Just Joined

Subway is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Akord5
Another GP here - interviewed January this year for mobile GP service at HMC, currently going through credentialing / verification process. Can anybody advice how long it takes from your experience, as getting mixed messages. Anybody out there interviewed in January and already in Qatar or about to relocate there? Thank you

I have been told by an agency that it can take up to a year! ( they say that things can be extremely slow in qatar, they are quite laid - in comparison to other neighboring countries) good luck
Old Aug 14th 2015, 9:00 am
Just Joined

newexpat2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree .

Things move slowly indeed.

I came to know about a doctor who was given an offer in Nov 2014 and yet not started working.

I was given my offer in April, it is frustrating but not much you can do other than waiting.
Old Aug 14th 2015, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

Thanks guys.
I think I learned to be patient after the interview date was postponed 3 times and after 4 months wait for the offer.
Just getting different answers to my questions about timescale depending who I approach at the agency. Now I'm hearing that licensing / verification can take 6 months or so.
Newexpat2015- are you in Qatar already or still waiting? Is it "mobile GP" job you applied for ? If you don't mind me asking.
I think I just need to switch off, not think about it too much and just wait. It's just difficult to stay patient when you get your mind set on this, not used to such slow pace.
Thanks again and good luck to you guys.
Old Aug 15th 2015, 4:04 am
Just Joined

newexpat2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
My best advice is to leave it on a slow burner and carry on with your life and work.
I have got offer for the ED post however I do have friends who got mobile service offer and they are still waiting.
As matter of fact I have not made any contact with the recruitment agency since I had my offer.
I am still in the UK waiting but I won't be waiting for ever if they don't get their act together in the next couple of months I will reject their offer.

Regards
Old Aug 15th 2015, 7:49 am
Just Joined

Yep my interview date has been postponed twice already, the agency have hinted that I should ' continue with my life' and don't plan for the near future! This is what I am doing.
Can anyone help Re: type of work pattern, home visits, face-face to face, OOH etc ( I am a female GP with 2 kids, will they negotiate any part time option??) thx
Old Aug 16th 2015, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

Subway - is it "mobile GP" job you applied for?
Old Aug 17th 2015, 10:42 am
Just Joined

Kr1985 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi some great posts guys.

I'm a newly qualified GP based in the UK

1. Was wondering if anyone here has applied and succeeded in getting offers with less than 2 years post CCT experience.

2. Does additional experience /qualifications /diplomas put you in better position when applying?

Thanks

KR
Old Aug 22nd 2015, 1:26 am
Just Joined

srt8 is an unknown quantity at this point

For you doctors, who thing about working in Qatar... My experience over the past ten months ... I am a family man with a small child. Anything below 50,000 Qr (total package) is a small salary. You must know that good schools cost 10 000 euro per year. It also needs to know that a decent accommodation with two bedrooms in a decent part of the city can not be found below 11-12000. Quality food is terribly expensive. My current salary is 35 000Qr monthly (total) and children still do not go to school. I save 1500 euro monthly. And surely I will leave this job because this life is not worth this money.

PS
I have not bought a car. I rent the cheapest car (1800Qr). I have not rented a nice apartment because I could not to find. I live in a cheap hotel in a one bedroom apartment.

I think you need to think twice.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

yvett89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone! I would be grateful if u can help me giving some information about being a GP in Qatar. Im a medical student in my final year, have 3 months left until graduation, and id move to Doha, but I need more information about opportunities for a young doc from Hungary. Thank you very much! Ivett
Old Aug 25th 2015, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Akord5
Subway - is it "mobile GP" job you applied for?
Sorry for delay,
I just realised this:
I think that there are different jobs GP jobs one at PHCC and others at HMC, I think you are offered one or the other, there was no mention to me about mobile GP ( PHCC) it's 9-5 with some on-calls, but don't know much about it.... I will share info once I get more info
Old Aug 25th 2015, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by yvett89
Hi everyone! I would be grateful if u can help me giving some information about being a GP in Qatar. Im a medical student in my final year, have 3 months left until graduation, and id move to Doha, but I need more information about opportunities for a young doc from Hungary. Thank you very much! Ivett
Ivett,
As a junior doctor you absolutely no chance in Qatar ( sorry) training post do NOT exist in qatar, and if you ever get employed then you will certainly have a salary that will last you for a week.
As a UK graduate you are very much desired but ONLY ONCE YOU COMPLETE YOUR TRAINING.
Hope it helps
Old Aug 25th 2015, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Subway
Ivett,
As a junior doctor you absolutely no chance in Qatar ( sorry) training post do NOT exist in qatar, and if you ever get employed then you will certainly have a salary that will last you for a week.
As a UK graduate you are very much desired but ONLY ONCE YOU COMPLETE YOUR TRAINING.
Hope it helps
Sorry Ivett
I just realised your are from Hunger, my advise is still to get training first ( as an example to become a GP in the UK you need to work for 5 years after graduation and pass more exams) .... This is what qatar is looking for ....... So it's best to get trained first to get a better opportunity. good luck
Old Aug 25th 2015, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

Hi Subway thanks for your reply- ok, so you are waiting for an offer from PHCC, mine is with HMC
Thanks again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.