Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

do i need to legalise my edu certs for saudi?

do i need to legalise my edu certs for saudi?

Old Jul 22nd 2012, 3:58 am
Just Joined

theitexpert is an unknown quantity at this point
Default do i need to legalise my edu certs for saudi?

Hello all,

I've been reading around and came across this forum so i thought i would ask a couple of question, since, it seems you folks have been through what I am currently about to embark on.

I have had a job offer and everything has been processed visa wise from the MOFA from my saudi sponsor for a teaching job in an international school, I had everything handed to me including my contract, stamped by the Saudi Chamber and by the school, as well as a copy of the MOFA application... all this was done whilst I was in KSA visiting on a family visit visa.

I am now back in the UK, i recently obtained my medical from a private GP in london (Harley street) and am sending it to the FCO in MK for legalising, the questions i have are as follows:

1) According to the KSA embassy site at www.saudiembassy.org.uk, points 3. in section 2 (Home > About Diplomatic Mission > Consulates > Consulates Services > Other Visas Services > REQUIREMENTS FOR WORK VISAS )Applicants should provide: a letter of introduction from the sponsor in Saudi Arabia, COPY of employment contract, COPY of academic qualification certificates and C.V.

does this mean i dont need to get my degree legalised by the FCO?

If i am reading this correctly, the only document i need to send to the FCO for lagalisation is my MEDICAL? im sure I read somewhere that i had to have my degree also legalised? please advise... also should i send in a copy of my contract or the one that was actually stamped by the chamber in Saudi.

2) I was surprised at how quickly the school i worked for managed to arrange all the paperwork... they got everything turned around from the chamber and mofa within 2-3 working days... When i return to KSA on my own, I need to apply for my wife and two daughters(one of which is my step daughter) to come over, i've been told by the school that this process should take no more than 2-3- weeks, does this mean they have some 'inside contacts'? (my wife is also due to start working at the school (under my sponsorship) by sep 1 2012, for whic she has a seperate signed contract...! ive heard it normally takes several months for this... how do you think this will play out?

Many thanks again!

Adam
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 10:57 am
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: do i need to legalise my edu certs for saudi?

Your degree and your medical need to be legalized. And if you're brining family, your marriage cert and kids' birth certs need to be legalized. Once your IQAMA is ready in KSA (after another medical) your family visas will take a few days. But family needs medical too (spouse at least). And then again in Saudi. Welcome to the asylum.