British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   ME Job Discussions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/)
-   -   Diriyah Gate Development Authority (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/diriyah-gate-development-authority-942447/)

BigDogg Jan 20th 2022 8:54 pm

Diriyah Gate Development Authority

Hi all,

I'm a New Yorker in early talks with folks at DGDA in KSA. I was wondering if any expat has worked for or currently worked for them. I'm trying to do some research to aid in my decision on if it's worth it should I eventually get an offer.

Thanks,

BD

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 21st 2022 8:35 am

Re: Diriyah Gate Development Authority

Originally Posted by BigDogg (Post 13089275)
Hi all,

I'm a New Yorker in early talks with folks at DGDA in KSA. I was wondering if any expat has worked for or currently worked for them. I'm trying to do some research to aid in my decision on if it's worth it should I eventually get an offer.

Thanks,

BD

I'm working for a business involved in one of their projects.

They're a very new organisation, set up to deliver the programs in the area they're named after.

What sort of stuff would sway you either way. I don't know the inner workings but I can share some basics depending on what you want to know etc.

BigDogg Jan 21st 2022 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 13089333)
I'm working for a business involved in one of their projects.

They're a very new organisation, set up to deliver the programs in the area they're named after.

What sort of stuff would sway you either way. I don't know the inner workings but I can share some basics depending on what you want to know etc.

Thanks for the response. So pretty much I've told them my desired salary range (Minimum Range - 65,000 SAR -70,000 SAR, Mid-Range - 70,000 SAR - 75,000 SAR, Most Desired Range - 75,000 SAR - 80,000 SAR /Monthly), do you think this is doable or too much? This is outside all other benefits (relo, housing, education, medical insurance, etc) I am currently a Senior Project Engineer in NYC working on the biggest MTA capital project for the past 7 years.

Generally, it'll be nice to get a good overview of life in KSA from work culture, work/life balance, expectation and overall vibe for a young family with a 1year old. We can correspond on here or WhatsApp if you are open to being my SME in KSA - regardless, im very appreciative.

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 24th 2022 11:24 am

Originally Posted by BigDogg (Post 13089386)
Thanks for the response. So pretty much I've told them my desired salary range (Minimum Range - 65,000 SAR -70,000 SAR, Mid-Range - 70,000 SAR - 75,000 SAR, Most Desired Range - 75,000 SAR - 80,000 SAR /Monthly), do you think this is doable or too much? This is outside all other benefits (relo, housing, education, medical insurance, etc) I am currently a Senior Project Engineer in NYC working on the biggest MTA capital project for the past 7 years.

Generally, it'll be nice to get a good overview of life in KSA from work culture, work/life balance, expectation and overall vibe for a young family with a 1year old. We can correspond on here or WhatsApp if you are open to being my SME in KSA - regardless, im very appreciative.

Others on the ground will be able to help with life in Riyadh, I'm just down region in Dubai.

Will you pay tax on your earnings (assuming you're American New Yorker, obviously)?
Range sounds quite high. take 70k + housing (15k at a stab) + Education (you don't need but say 5k) + Medical (normal) + Flights = 90k all in. It's achievable I'd expect but depending on position / role.

There is no work / life balance in these sorts of programs, expect to be busy one day at the weekend and expect to spend your time battering consultants and contractors 24/7 - sometimes for good reason and sometimes just because it's what everyone else is doing.

BigDogg Jan 25th 2022 3:55 pm

Thanks! Hopefully I get some more replies but this has been helpful. Im still in very early phases, so we'll see.

Munts Aug 18th 2022 7:29 pm

Hi BigDogg how did you go with DGDA?

BigDogg Sep 6th 2022 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by Munts (Post 13135506)
Hi BigDogg how did you go with DGDA?

Not much has happened. I keep getting contacted every couple weeks with them telling me that they are still very much interested but dealing with bureaucratic hurdles. I've gotten a new job and a new title since then so I'm not really counting on DGDA, unless they make up their mind and come correct with an offer I can't pass up.

Munts Sep 6th 2022 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by BigDogg (Post 13139508)
Not much has happened. I keep getting contacted every couple weeks with them telling me that they are still very much interested but dealing with bureaucratic hurdles. I've gotten a new job and a new title since then so I'm not really counting on DGDA, unless they make up their mind and come correct with an offer I can't pass up.

Well good to have a plan b boiling away just in case. Would have thought they would be throwing the kitchen sink at it given scope, aggressive timeframes and competition for resource with all the other projects going on.