contrat items to check

Old Aug 1st 2016, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

swansee is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation contrat items to check

Hi All,
Apart from the salary and allowances, may I ask what are the other items I have to check

my contract says:
- Annual Leave: 24 Working days
Annual Flight Ticket Allowance: An Allowance will be provided once a year
Contract Hours: 40 hours per week. Normal working hours are 8 hours per day, Sunday – Thursday
Healthcare: Local Health Insurance will be provided for you
Gratuity: In accordance with applicable local labour laws.

Recovery of Allowances & Other Benefits: The company reserves the right to recover any allowances and/or benefits, repayable on a pro-rata basis, should you choose to resign from the company.
Repayment will be as follows:
- 100% should you resign within 12 months of continuous service date; or
- 50% should you resign within 13 to 24 months of continuous service date.
Old Aug 1st 2016, 4:33 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: contrat items to check

Where, when and in what currency they'll pay you.
Their termination rights.
Their obligations to get you visas, work permit and residence permit, and their obligation to pay for them.
Their obligation to get you an exit visa if you're going somewhere that requires one.
Will they provide a hotel or some other accommodation before you find your own (assuming you're doing so)? If so how long and how much.
Excess luggage allowance.
Evacuation in the event of a) a medical emergency (might be covered by health insurance), b) WW3.
Old Aug 1st 2016, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

Hi Bahtatboy,
The location is DOHA. Apparently they only pay for 2 week Hotel at arrival then up to me to find, shall I ask for more?
I'm going also to ask for a multi exit visa
Is there an excess luggage allowance that can be asked?

How important is the No Obligation clause that allows you to change the employer and not be stuck with one?
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 8:16 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure it has a DATE of when your paid.
Make sure it doesn't state weekends will be taken of your holiday allowance
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 8:55 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swansee
Hi Bahtatboy,
The location is DOHA. Apparently they only pay for 2 week Hotel at arrival then up to me to find, shall I ask for more? Don't ask, don't get.
Is there an excess luggage allowance that can be asked? see above

How important is the No Obligation clause that allows you to change the employer and not be stuck with one? Not sure how it works in Doha, sorry.
See above.
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

shake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really nice

I was in Doha until May this year, the No Obligation certificate (NOC) is VERY important. You will not be able to move or change jobs even if the employer lets you go and does not release you. Make sure it is in there, you will need it!
If not provided, you cannot work in Qatar for 2 years even if you are let go or your contract expires. They will give you the "new law is coming" BS, do not fall for that and insist you need it.
I have been there, done that and have the T shirt to show. In my case Benefits promised were never provided so I resigned after being very patient for 1.5 years in a 3 year contract. I was working for a Government organization but they are all the same. State your terms upfront and stick to them.
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swansee
Hi Bahtatboy,
The location is DOHA. Apparently they only pay for 2 week Hotel at arrival then up to me to find, shall I ask for more?
Is there an excess luggage allowance that can be asked?

How important is the No Obligation clause that allows you to change the employer and not be stuck with one?
You will not get an NOC , work on not getting one .

Multi Exit Visa's are difficult to get , when i was there i negotiated one in my terms but i was working for a regional company . Qatari's love control and love exercising it even more.

Ask for the extension of accommodation you'll need at least 1 month to find your feet and get your bearings . Housing / Hotels are some of the most expensive in the Gulf.

Take lots of books , it's the most boring city in the world .....
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks everyone for your reply
I asked them a multi exit visa and extension of housing allowance