Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) paid well in Qatar?

Is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) paid well in Qatar?

Old Jun 7th 2012, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

Free Bird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) paid well in Qatar?

Hi All,

I am glad there are so many expats/other people helping others through this forum. I am one among the many people seeking your help in understanding life in Qatar. I have gone through most of the threads and want to thank all for providing the insights. I am planning to move to Qatar and wanted to know if there is demand for CPA's there. I am married, no kids, have a MBA(Finance) and a CPA from USA, with >5 years of experience (Big 4 Accounting Firms) and willing to work in Qatar. I will be happy if anyone can help me on the following points.

How much can i expect to earn in Qatar?
What all aspects should i negotiate with my employer given my academic and experience?
Which companies pay well and Which companies should i apply to considering my experience and education?
Living with my wife in Qatar - will it be too expensive - can i save some money?

There are probably many questions in my mind but for now i want to open this thread to a healthy discussion and i really really appreciate your responses.

Thank you
Old Jun 7th 2012, 7:43 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) paid well in Qatar?

If you work for Qatar Foundation, everything is!
Old Jun 9th 2012, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

Free Bird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) paid well in Qatar?

Hello Kix - Do Qatar Foundation fit my description - Do they pay well? Please guide me. Do you think Qatar Petroleum or Qatar airlines will have good scope for me?