Certificate Attestation

Old Jun 3rd 2015, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

nwtefl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Certificate Attestation

Hi

I'm an applying for a teaching job in the UAE and now they need attestation of certificates. I've no idea what this is.

Does anyone have an overview of the procedure please ?

I am in the U.K.
Old Jun 4th 2015, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Certificate Attestation

It would have been quicker to google that than to create a new account just to ask that question...! A search on the brit-expats middle east page will also show loads of previous explanations.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=at...icates+for+uae
Old Jun 4th 2015, 9:18 am
Just Joined

Well I did that and it just brought up a lot of agencies that do it - like the link you posted!

So I'm looking for someone who has actually done the process themselves in the U.K. and what they actually did i.e. did they have to go to the UAE embassy ? Did they have to send their certs to the FCO first or not ?
Old Jun 4th 2015, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nwtefl
Well I did that and it just brought up a lot of agencies that do it - like the link you posted!

So I'm looking for someone who has actually done the process themselves in the U.K. and what they actually did i.e. did they have to go to the UAE embassy ? Did they have to send their certs to the FCO first or not ?
Err, no - the very first result on the link I posted is to the UAE embassy in London, which explains it all (complete with further links). The FCO also explain it on their website, as does (or did till recently - haven't checked for you today) the Brit Embassy in UAE website.
Finally, many people, including me, have answered this question on this forum... that's why I know it is here!
Old Jun 4th 2015, 10:30 am
Just Joined

True, but I cannot find any that actually states the procedure people followed personally - most posts about attestation are asking the questions, with few actually answering unfortunately and explaining, including one from you from last year : "I cannot remember exactly the process, but I definitely didn't need anything translated while back in the UK. I'll see if I can ask one of my colleagues how he did it recently, and post an answer tomorrow." By the way, you didn't post an answer.

Also, people who are in different countries or from different countries appear to follow different procedures. The only thing I can ascertain is that people are content to employ an agent to do it all for them.
Old Jun 4th 2015, 10:51 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot find any that actually states the procedure people followed personally
As archie159 stated the very first post in the search tells you precisely what steps to follow, or do you actually need someone to hold your hand?
Old Jun 4th 2015, 10:57 am
Just Joined

lol yes that would be nice - look, I read the link last night before I posted on here, but has anyone here actually done it ?? Less smart arse comments from moderators would be nice too.
Old Jun 4th 2015, 11:00 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Less smart arse comments from moderators would be nice too.
And less whining from newbies who appear unable to grasp basic website directions would be excellent. Have you searched and found the many many responses from people like you who have asked the same question countless times?
Old Jun 4th 2015, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Default Attestation Companies

Has anyone any recommendations on this. I was quoted approx. £230 for one document with a 1-2 week turnover and £366 for one document with 2-3 day turnover.

Anyone found anywhere cheaper ?
Old Jun 4th 2015, 11:04 am
Just Joined

Yes but I haven't found any answers ! Jesus !
Old Jun 4th 2015, 11:06 am
Account Closed

Yes but I haven't found any answers ! Jesus !
FFS!!!!
Get a document legalised
You get a UK public document ‘legalised’ by asking the UK government to confirm that a UK public official’s signature, seal or stamp on the document is genuine.
You might need to do this if a local authority abroad has asked you to provide a document and they’ve said it must be legalised.

How to get a document legalised
Check your document can be legalised.
Pay online for the service.
Complete the legalisation application form.
Send your documents, application form, a blank A4-sized envelope and the payment confirmation page (which you’ll get after you pay online) to the relevant address. There are different addresses depending on how you send the documents and where you’re sending them from.
What it costs
It costs £30 per document, plus the cost of the postage to return your documents by courier. This is:

£5.50 in the UK (including British Forces Post Office)
£14.50 per 500g in Europe (not including Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Liechtenstein, Kazakhstan, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia, Turkey and Ukraine)
£25 per 500g in every other country
Include an A4-sized pre-paid envelope if you’re in the UK and don’t want your documents returned by courier.

How long it takes
It normally takes 48 hours to legalise your documents, plus courier or postage time. You’ll get an email if there’s a delay.

https://www.gov.uk/get-document-legalised
Old Jun 5th 2015, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Easy way is to pay a notary in the UK authorised to do it. Write a signed letter to your university(s) requesting that specific notary can gain access to your info (give it to the notary), letter to your notary engaging them to do it, the notary deals with your uni then has their office deal with the UAE mission in London. Easy as pie.
Old Jun 6th 2015, 6:34 am
Just Joined

MissAhing is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beakersful
Easy way is to pay a notary in the UK authorised to do it. Write a signed letter to your university(s) requesting that specific notary can gain access to your info (give it to the notary), letter to your notary engaging them to do it, the notary deals with your uni then has their office deal with the UAE mission in London. Easy as pie.
That does sound straight forward, do you have any idea what the cost of that process would be? Roughly?
Old Jun 7th 2015, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Not sure, got family back home doing it. I have funds back there. Just pay it and be done with it. Of course, if you're penniless it's a catch 22 issue. I'll ask how much at some point and post back if I remember.
Old Jun 9th 2015, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Okay, just got the price. A single degree certificate will cost about £220 to get notarised.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.