Background check Abu Dhabi

Old Dec 1st 2011, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

dono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant future
Default Background check Abu Dhabi

Hi all,

I've finally proceeded to the "application for employment" phase for a government company in Abu Dhabi, which will initiate the background checking of myself.

Now, what does background checking in Abu Dhabi consist of, other than criminal records and employer/qualifications?

Do they check for credit records in your current country, and if so how can it potentially impact me this far into recruitment and future wise? Are the credit checks that important? Are they deal-breakers? I have some credit problems.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

mrsSAFC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Background check Abu Dhabi

did you find out anything about this?
Old Feb 14th 2012, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

dono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant future

Nothing yet, maybe someone in the forum can shed some light???
Old Feb 15th 2012, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

I've been background checked and security checked in the UAE, and from the remarkable lack of info I needed to provide, and the complete lack of anyone I know of being contacted, I strongly doubt that this is anything more than a check to see whether you appear on the local system as a problem, or on any international database.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

they basicly check with the CID to see if you have any cases in the UAE, if the position is with a government body they will request a special security check and this can take up to 2 months. It is only based here in the UAE so any criminal convictions in your home country do not show unless it was registered internationally.
HTH
Old Feb 15th 2012, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

It's with a government investment organization, and unlike Archie, they asked for a ton of info (all employers, personal ID#...), they made me sign a consent for credit check and more. It's been 2 months now and still no news. All I know is they've never contacted any referee, nor checked my credit (yet). Do you know if they will eventually do and how long do I have to wait?