Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Anyone works for Qatar Petroleum?

Anyone works for Qatar Petroleum?

Old Mar 9th 2011, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

MrMark is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Anyone works for Qatar Petroleum?

Hello everyone,

I am interested in working in the ME, mainly Qatar. I found a number of positions that fit my qualifications on Qatar Petroleum site. Does anyone here work in that company and what is the best way to apply?

Mark
Old Mar 10th 2011, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone works for Qatar Petroleum?

Originally Posted by MrMark
Hello everyone,

I am interested in working in the ME, mainly Qatar. I found a number of positions that fit my qualifications on Qatar Petroleum site. Does anyone here work in that company and what is the best way to apply?

Mark
http://www.qp.com.qa/en/Homepage/Careers.aspx

I would have thought that the above would be your first starting place
Old Mar 10th 2011, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by co durham boy
http://www.qp.com.qa/en/Homepage/Careers.aspx

I would have thought that the above would be your first starting place
Thanks mate.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 4:52 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

However, going directly to a company's HR (via its website) is not always the best route. HR departments are notoriously inefficient. You really need to get to the decision makers, who are generally the managers who actually need someone out on site to make something happen--HR rarely feels the urgency. So if you've seen some jobs advertised, presumably they're through agencies--the agents will be hungry to place you: if they're dealing with HR, they'll hassle HR far more than you can, but chances are they'll have a direct line through to the hiring manager, which is what you want. Always do whatever you can to be in contact, either directly or via an agent, with the hiring manager, and try to minimise HR's input.

Good luck.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 9:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
However, going directly to a company's HR (via its website) is not always the best route. HR departments are notoriously inefficient. You really need to get to the decision makers, who are generally the managers who actually need someone out on site to make something happen--HR rarely feels the urgency. So if you've seen some jobs advertised, presumably they're through agencies--the agents will be hungry to place you: if they're dealing with HR, they'll hassle HR far more than you can, but chances are they'll have a direct line through to the hiring manager, which is what you want. Always do whatever you can to be in contact, either directly or via an agent, with the hiring manager, and try to minimise HR's input.

Good luck.
Spot on.

Do the above, if you can't get direct into a manager / director responsible (worth looking on Linkedin) then find a good recruiter; doesn't matter what agency whether massive or tiny, the person you speak to could be the one person that QP's managers want to deal with. You'll soon discover who is worth talking to and who isn't.

Good luck
Old Mar 10th 2011, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sross2203
Spot on.

Do the above, if you can't get direct into a manager / director responsible (worth looking on Linkedin) then find a good recruiter; doesn't matter what agency whether massive or tiny, the person you speak to could be the one person that QP's managers want to deal with. You'll soon discover who is worth talking to and who isn't.

Good luck
Thank you all. This is what I am trying to do.