British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   ME Job Discussions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/)
-   -   Anyone with recent info on QP? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/anyone-recent-info-qp-871393/)

OriginalSunshine Jan 27th 2016 5:37 am

Anyone with recent info on QP?

O&G industry quite sucky at the moment but QP still recruiting.

I appreciate the pros and cons of Qatar/Doha, so not looking for advice there, but QP had a reasonable reputation when I last worked in the ME as a (relatively) reasonable employer.

So, does anyone have any inside understanding that is recent, about the current state of QP?

Thanks in advance, OS

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 28th 2016 3:42 am

Re: Anyone with recent info on QP?

You're in Asia now aren't you?

I'll have an ask around but don't know many folk in that arena. Maybe one or two.

OriginalSunshine Jan 28th 2016 12:58 pm

Yeah.

Ta.

co durham boy Feb 1st 2016 9:03 am

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine (Post 11849611)
O&G industry quite sucky at the moment but QP still recruiting.

I appreciate the pros and cons of Qatar/Doha, so not looking for advice there, but QP had a reasonable reputation when I last worked in the ME as a (relatively) reasonable employer.

So, does anyone have any inside understanding that is recent, about the current state of QP?

Thanks in advance, OS

They recently closed QPI which merged into the QP brand which obviously resulted in huge job losses for expats . A good friend of mine who was with QPI was offered the chance to carry on but with a 30% reduction across the board.He told them to poke it and left .

I know they've had the independent in Cargylle to give them a consultation on a range of benefit reductions regarding grades and staff and it's been cut dramatically .

Basically for what i know the glory days are over but it's still half decent , oh and they don't give multi exit visa's , even at director level . You must wait in the queue alongside the pipe fitter !

OriginalSunshine Feb 1st 2016 12:24 pm

Thanks. That would make sense. There's an unusual amount of middle management jobs out there, and it's prob realistic to expect hem at much lower packages than before.

Good to know even they don't do a multi exit visa. That's a deal breaker for us with elder
Y parents.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

co durham boy Feb 1st 2016 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine (Post 11855189)
Thanks. That would make sense. There's an unusual amount of middle management jobs out there, and it's prob realistic to expect hem at much lower packages than before.

Good to know even they don't do a multi exit visa. That's a deal breaker for us with elder
Y parents.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

The multi exit system is electronic now and it's triggered by multiple users so the HR guy can get you one in minutes.

You're still at someones mercy though.

scrubbedexpat141 Feb 2nd 2016 3:23 am

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine (Post 11851362)
Yeah.

Ta.

Heard back from my mate this morning.

Weirdly said much the same as CDB - mainly about CVs coming out of people taking benefit or pay cuts. Lots are staying though because other options are....?

Didn't sound a happy camp but that's all he had.

Venezuelan007 Feb 4th 2016 5:37 am

They fired around 4k people last year.

Now they are rehiring on lower salaries and benefits.

Doesn't mean they wont kick you if things get worse... which they will.

I wouldn't chase it if I had something safe home. Unemployed is a different story

Lat Dutch lady Mar 4th 2016 12:32 pm

Hi all,

I'm new here.... I'm following your discussions and find them very interesting for our case!.. Was wondering whereas to open a new thread or to "use" this one, if you don't mind, cause we've some (bit of) similar circumstances. Hubby is a HSE expert for O&G. We just came back from Houston to NL, following a stream of lay offs. Currently he has an offer from QP to work in Dukham and also some local possibilities thankfully. However clear difference is in terms of taxation between NL and Qatar, you know!

We're a family of 4, with 2 primary school children.
1. Does anybody out there has experience living in Dukham? How it looks / feels like?
2. What about the local English school, any experience?... We tried hard to get the acceptance to live in Doha, but they (QP) didn't accept it.
3. I'm also concern for the family residence visa, is it true that can take like 6 months of more to get it? (because the need of 6 months local bank statements)
Any (partial) answer it would be much appreciate you all!!
Cheers!

OriginalSunshine Mar 5th 2016 5:18 am

Feel free. :) I've enough info to keep head down, and not look at this, but I have a job.

Lat Dutch lady Mar 5th 2016 7:14 pm

Thanks!