Anyone in Basra, Iraq?

Old Nov 27th 2018, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

bizkitgto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone in Basra, Iraq?

I'm looking at possibly working in Iraq in Basra (Rumaila region). Can anyone comment on the security situation, camp life, food/amenities, etc? Thanks!
Old Nov 27th 2018, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in Basra, Iraq?

Originally Posted by bizkitgto
I'm looking at possibly working in Iraq in Basra (Rumaila region). Can anyone comment on the security situation, camp life, food/amenities, etc? Thanks!
You may have more luck connecting to people on Linked in who work for the company that you are pursuing
I have never come across anyone on this board who works in Basra. Most are in Dubai
Old Nov 29th 2018, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

bizkitgto is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by reddiva
You may have more luck connecting to people on Linked in who work for the company that you are pursuing
I have never come across anyone on this board who works in Basra. Most are in Dubai
Thanks, will do!
Old Dec 22nd 2018, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bizkitgto
Spent a year there back in 2012(North Rumailia). Do you know which camp you will be in? I was in Baker Hughes camp. It was shocking. Without sounding like a massive racist the camps there are designed for non western people. Cheap labor basically with local security.

I'm not quite sure the security situation there at the moment but when i was there it wasn't really terrorism related as you would expect. Its more kidnappings and tribal disputes. Every time you leave the camp its body armour and helmet. You are in a land rover with one in front as backup and a lead and chase pick up truck also supporting. My security guys (SABRE) where mostly ex British with some Bosnian's and South Africans thrown in. Pick up from the airport and straight to camp. From camp i was taken to well sites to perform my operations.

If you are looking to save money there is nowhere else in the world like it. 6 weeks on 4 weeks off without spending a penny except a cup of coffee every day from the second cup stall on camp (way overpriced but the only home comfort available).