Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Any positive reviews of EdEx

Any positive reviews of EdEx

Old Dec 23rd 2013, 5:29 am
Just Joined

RandomStranger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any positive reviews of EdEx

When they chat to you, they say that it takes usually 4-6 weeks to get the visa done, and then you'll get the medical and fly out shortly after. Khastings24, it doesn't seem like you are far off schedule, just that they haven't contacted you. Frankly, from about the 18th December, pretty much every agency seems to be shutting down for the holidays. I am pretty surprised what counts for a holiday nowadays, I thought people were working harder, not less.

I considered going with Edex, but I can't afford the risk of giving up my job, flying to the UK, and doing nothing with no idea of when things will start happening with them... I might yet try with them again though, just sitting around wondering whether I should or not..
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 8:12 am
Just Joined

Khastings24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RandomStranger
When they chat to you, they say that it takes usually 4-6 weeks to get the visa done, and then you'll get the medical and fly out shortly after. Khastings24, it doesn't seem like you are far off schedule, just that they haven't contacted you. Frankly, from about the 18th December, pretty much every agency seems to be shutting down for the holidays. I am pretty surprised what counts for a holiday nowadays, I thought people were working harder, not less.

I considered going with Edex, but I can't afford the risk of giving up my job, flying to the UK, and doing nothing with no idea of when things will start happening with them... I might yet try with them again though, just sitting around wondering whether I should or not..

Well last time i spoke to education experts, they told me that there was a hold up with male visas. But itt was looking like JAn. They told me that they can get visas done in a week. All along i was suspicious of education experts, and never seemed to be comfortable with them. Well im giving them to end of jan and if there no progress i will be getting a refund.
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

sirmr is an unknown quantity at this point

Edex are a legitimate company. I have many close friends who work for them in Riyadh and Dammam. The problem is getting out of the UK.

A friend of mine recently flew out, was told somebody would meet him at the airport and drive him to his apartment. He landed at 1am in Riyadh. After 6 hours of standing around in an airport, 200 calls to 6 different saudi numbers with no answer, and a reserved seat for the next flight back to London, someone decides to wake up and call him back and pick him up. Worst part is, the driver acts like nothing happened.

The contract we sign in the UK means nothing, you have to go through it ALL again once u land in Riyadh. The wage stays the same (or increases) as they are negotiable unlike the air heads in London (James and Richard specifically).

If any of you hate Edex London, fear not, the Saudi head office hates them just as much. Any complaints you have, PM me and I will give you someone's email from head office to direct them to.

I called London office last week. Was told visas available end of Jan possibly. I asked for a guarantee to be at the top of the list as I've now been waiting 4 months, they said they couldn't guarantee flights would be until end of feb. As a result, I'm withdrawing.

Some advice: there's an annual open Fair in london (early Feburary, dates to follow) where representatives from various companies as well as education establishments attend each year and interview candidates directly rather than going through half arsed companies.
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

RandomStranger is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think that there's been any debate about whether EdEx are a legitimate company. The only real question has been whether we can out-wait their timetable of doing things. You seem to be suggesting that you can't (not that I blame you).

Good luck in the February interviews.
Old Dec 30th 2013, 10:41 am
Just Joined

Saybu is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Reading your posts had got me a little worried i have to say.

My husband and I have been in contact with education experts from august 2013 and still know nothing.

We've paid the £500 each of visa and medical fees and havent been given a date for medicals yet...ive been chasing them for about a month now. I agree with sirmr's post and also just believe that once we're out there things will fall into place - godwilling

the reason why im feeling positive is because james has been very helpful up to now - i avoid speaking to richard as he doesnt have up to date information and doesnt seem confident in himself.

Another 'problem' my husband and i are facing is the medicals....im 4months pregnant and have been told that my medical insurance wont cover me having the baby out there, so now my husband will be flying out two weeks before me,applying for me as his spouse and then i will be covered under his medical insurance...seems a bit long winded and unnecessary but thats what we've been informed by education experts through their saudi office.

dont know what to do now, except wait and pray. Have to say im definitely losing my patience now after 5 months of dealing with these guys!! And only problem is my husbands handed in his notice at work too. So he cant really start applying for a new job here until we find out for certain whats happening about saudi.

A very stressed lady
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 10:52 am
Just Joined

britg is an unknown quantity at this point

to those looking specifically at edex you should know that every company over here works differently than those in the west. everyone I know working here has had problems and complaints. if you are here just for the money you will probably hate it as most I have met do. If you are coming for other reasons (as I did) then you may love it here even though you have a few problems along the way
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

madinah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britg
to those looking specifically at edex you should know that every company over here works differently than those in the west. everyone I know working here has had problems and complaints. if you are here just for the money you will probably hate it as most I have met do. If you are coming for other reasons (as I did) then you may love it here even though you have a few problems along the way
hi all.

we all have been waiting since October (Manchester open day). Wait till end of next week for medical otherwise just pull out and ask for a refund of your money £500.
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by saying_it_how_it_is
My experience of Ed Ex so far (coming from a very professional background like most ppl) is that the way Ed Ex operates is not like any company one may be used to experiencing on a daily basis. This can be a slightly unnerving experience at the beginning.

It is important to do your own research beforehand so one is not fooled in the process. If you have NOT done a Tefl etc, then you should NOT be made to feel pressured to do the one they have promoted. If you find a cheaper one yourself this should be sufficient if it is reputable. (clear this with them first). The one they promote is cheaper on the website anyway. You will save money doing it on your own.

Right now I am waiting for visa and medical and it's proving to be a waiting game for most. I feel at this present moment that the company may honour their contract once I am in Saudi (hopefully, and judging from a previous post), but don't be surprised if they make you go round in circles first, wasting some of your precious time in the process and maybe make some money out of you with their Lovetefl partnership if there is an opportunity for them to do so.

You may need to chase things up yourself, and yes from my experience they are not very good at emails and giving you all the information beforehand. They may not lie to you directly, but indirectly by withholding important information so you can't make a proper judgement with all the facts and information needed prior to making an important decision like this. So, again you will need to do your own research to counter this.

You can only go with the flow with a company like this, and you have to be willing to put up with unprofessionalism at every stage I assume, and hope for the best!
kgb deals

£29 with tefluk
150 hours online course
Old Jan 4th 2014, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by britg
to those looking specifically at edex you should know that every company over here works differently than those in the west.
However, EdEx has offices in England and Wales and it's been pointed out before (through the use of small claims court and bailiffs) that their employment recruiting/signing in our home country means it isn't so black and white.
Old Jan 12th 2014, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

I have been told by the manchester office that some females have completed medical and have travelled to riyadh week ending 10 jan 2014..can some one please confirm if this is true ? A friend working for them since last may has confirmed that they have holidays on 17th jan and reopen 25 jan.looks like we should have medical week commencing 25 jan ..
Old Jan 13th 2014, 1:33 pm
Wiz
Just Joined

Wiz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by madinah
I have been told by the manchester office that some females have completed medical and have travelled to riyadh week ending 10 jan 2014..can some one please confirm if this is true ? A friend working for them since last may has confirmed that they have holidays on 17th jan and reopen 25 jan.looks like we should have medical week commencing 25 jan ..
Last week I contacted Manchester office and was told that their Saudi office will send all the required paperwork on the 25th. But if that's when they'll be returning from their holiday, how long will it all take? Ps. when does the new semester start?
Old Jan 13th 2014, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wiz
Last week I contacted Manchester office and was told that their Saudi office will send all the required paperwork on the 25th. But if that's when they'll be returning from their holiday, how long will it all take? Ps. when does the new semester start?
Hi, did u sign up in Oct or Nov open day ? I was told that medical date will be on 25 or 26 jan.after medical it takes 5 days to confirm your departure...iv just phoned them that we should get confirmation this week about medical not on 25 jan. We should be in riyadh on 1st feb the latest..
Old Jan 14th 2014, 10:31 am
Wiz
Just Joined

Originally Posted by madinah
Hi, did u sign up in Oct or Nov open day ? I was told that medical date will be on 25 or 26 jan.after medical it takes 5 days to confirm your departure...iv just phoned them that we should get confirmation this week about medical not on 25 jan. We should be in riyadh on 1st feb the latest..
Hi madina, I signed in December. In our last conversation I was told that Saudi will send the 'all clear' then it will be in the hands of the visa issuing authorities here. I didnt get any sense of finality once the confirmation has been sent and to be honest I'm not holding my breath anymore. Did they tell you when the semester starts and what will happen once we (if we ever)get there?
Old Jan 14th 2014, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

The educational institutions here are on half term break next week.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 10:45 am
Wiz
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Beakersful
The educational institutions here are on half term break next week.
Thanks. How long is this half term, two weeks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.