Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Any positive reviews of EdEx

Any positive reviews of EdEx

Old Nov 24th 2013, 4:14 am
Just Joined

RandomStranger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any positive reviews of EdEx

My main question is that if they offer you a job at a given salary, will they honor that promise? I'm not talking about working conditions, just the question of whether a teacher can trust the contract offered.
Old Nov 24th 2013, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by RandomStranger
My main question is that if they offer you a job at a given salary, will they honor that promise? I'm not talking about working conditions, just the question of whether a teacher can trust the contract offered.
Read Dave's on past practises regarding tutors final salary payments. See if that fills you with confidence.
Old Nov 25th 2013, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

No need to spam the forum! Follow netiquette so everyone's happy.

And whilst everyone's discussing qualifications to teach the language, please use English of a level that demonstrates ability to teach it. Anyone looking in will think half of you are non-natives who gained a Brit passport late in life. You may end up teaching TEFL rather than TESL in the Magic Kingdom, but they are paying for the illusion of native tutors and we oughtn't to let them down.

"Concerning" should be "Disconcerting". You know who you are!
Old Nov 26th 2013, 2:09 am
Just Joined

sirmr is an unknown quantity at this point

Signed contract with Edex early september (2013) still waiting for medical. Apparently it's "normal" to wait this long. A close friend of mine who went out in August was waiting for 5 months. The £500 is to cover your visa and medicals etc which they say you get back as soon as you land in saudi, but in reality you don't get it back for a few months I've heard!
Old Nov 26th 2013, 2:10 am
Just Joined

Oh and just to add, the contracts you signed in london / Manchester don't mean anything - all they are is a confirmation that you have accepted their terms - the real "contracts" don't get signed until the day after you land in Saudi.
Old Nov 26th 2013, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

And just so you know you can ask for your £500 back at any time before the medical
Old Nov 27th 2013, 5:30 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your information, sirmr. Do you know if the salary they offer in the initial contract is the salary that they offer you finally? There haven't been cases of them offering more, and then giving less when the person gets to Saudi?
Old Nov 27th 2013, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Take the document you agreed to with you, memorise it. If it's different when you arrive then keep discussing it (don't lose your rag) if it still doesn't match up then ring EdEx and politely ask them to sort it out or get you a flight back hone asap and to refund all your costs. If you follow that route and they don't play ball, then armed with both contracts go to the snall claims court in England since they have an office in the country and are liable.
Old Nov 29th 2013, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

KNIGHTRIDER123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been here for 2 months..they have been honouring their part of the contract, i got my visa fees back in my first salary.
Old Nov 30th 2013, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Achha. I am thinking you are enjoying.
Old Nov 30th 2013, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

Munir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by romana_naz786
Richard is the one you need to stay away from. He only tells you what you want to hear and hides the reality. He's told people to pay HIM £500 for online tefl course and he will guarantee them a job. This is not true, because Saudi's do not accept online and plus they ask for 2 yrs of experience. Be very careful.
I have had a meeting with this guy Richard and he saw my Trinity TESOL and still asked me to do another course with them which I have to pay for 295 pounds. Then came another guy called James Wells who said that I do not need to do this course and I just had to pay for the visa or Iqama money which will be refunded to me when I reach the country. I am not sure about accepting the contract they have given me as they look a bit suspicious and I never did any experience since finishing my course, I would like to have your advice regarding this please!
Old Nov 30th 2013, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by madinah
Richard was also in the manchester open day..he didnt go over the cv.. just negotiate the wage /salary and some details about who you will be teaching and hours of work..and zaheer agreed the contract ..edex didnt look professional.. anybody else attended the open day in manchester ? please kindly send your feedback
I attended the open day on the 29/11/2013 and they looked really dodgy to me, as Richard asked me first to do the course which was for two hundred ninety five pounds, then James joined and he asked me to pay for five hundred pound regarding the visa. I am not sure about this people though, as they look like they do not know what they are talking about and specially that guy called Richard.
Old Dec 1st 2013, 9:03 am
Just Joined

Until now, this has been a really useful thread. I don't want to take sides, but could you not go off topic? I think a lot of people are sitting around wondering whether to go for the deal, and some of the posts here have been hard to come by on other threads (a lot of the other threads are just complaints without enough info of their gripes).

Thank you.
Old Dec 1st 2013, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by RandomStranger
Until now, this has been a really useful thread. I don't want to take sides, but could you not go off topic? I think a lot of people are sitting around wondering whether to go for the deal, and some of the posts here have been hard to come by on other threads (a lot of the other threads are just complaints without enough info of their gripes).

Thank you.
Hi, have you been offered a contract by edex and you don't feel confident of going forward for it? Please get back if you have this sort of problem or if you had any experience with them. Thank you.
Old Dec 1st 2013, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Munir
Hi, have you been offered a contract by edex and you don't feel confident of going forward for it? Please get back if you have this sort of problem or if you had any experience with them. Thank you.
No, I haven't contacted any agency yet. I live with my Italian husband in a small city outside of Rome. I've been teaching in an elementary school here for three years, and have been wondering whether to try somewhere else for a while. Luckily he's an engineer, so he could apply to the oil industry, and I could go for ESL. I got my CELTA in Rome in February 2010.

I've been searching for claims about all the companies, but the honest truth is that a lot of the complaints just seem like whiny school boys crying that mummy hasn't cooked them dinner.

I think that I have found enough in favor of going for it. I'll wait for my husband to find a position, then approach this company and go for it. Probably in April or May next year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.