Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Any advice ? , hiring process in Saudi Arabia

Any advice ? , hiring process in Saudi Arabia

Old Sep 16th 2012, 12:19 am
Just Joined

Johann is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Any advice ? , hiring process in Saudi Arabia

A company in Saudi Arabia sent me a formal job offer; I accepted it and they sent me a letter for a business visa invitation, I applied for the visa and I got it, and I let them know I have it, it was so fast.
They asked me then to send a detail CV and scanned copies of my documents and credentials. They said the” client” wanted to see them (the company that is hiring me is a huge construction company), I sent everything and more and they said it should be approved by the client, it have been a week since,
My Questions:
It is normal?
Are they looking for justification in order to withdraw the offer?
Please advise me,
Thank
Old Sep 16th 2012, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

lostinthedust is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any advice ? , hiring process in Saudi Arabia

These processes can move slowly. You are aware that the weekend in Saudi is Thursday and Friday? Coupled with the weekend in the west being Saturday and Sunday that leaves 3 days out of 7 to do business when communicating between Saudi and the west.

It is normal, and can get much worse. I know someone whose contract was 9 months in being produced after the job offer.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 12:36 am
Just Joined

Johann is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much for answering
Do you think it would be ok if I ask for up dates ?
Old Sep 16th 2012, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

Britmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really nice

Things don't move quickly in KSA. I would give them a few more weeks and then ask for an update.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

lostinthedust is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree, follow up with them in another two or three weeks if you hear nothing. Don't worry, it will all happen in good time.
Old Sep 21st 2012, 12:09 am
Just Joined

HOOD_KSA is just really niceHOOD_KSA is just really niceHOOD_KSA is just really niceHOOD_KSA is just really niceHOOD_KSA is just really niceHOOD_KSA is just really niceHOOD_KSA is just really niceHOOD_KSA is just really nice

Why did you get a business visa? It should be a work visa. A business visa is just a short term visa (e.g. up to 30 days).

It's normal for the client to ask for the CV's. It won't be an overnight thing for the CV's to be submitted and the client to review and approve them. Keep in contact with the recruiter from the hiring company though.