Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Ajman University of Science and Technology

Ajman University of Science and Technology

Old Jul 7th 2014, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

Energawy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ajman University of Science and Technology

Hello there.

Just wondering if anyone has any comments on living and working for Ajman University.

I am 34 year old chap, and I've been asked to be interviewed for Assistant Prof. academic post at the University starting Sept. What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at AUST?

Anyone has been interviewed with them before? How was it like?

If any one worked for them before, do you have any advises for me? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

That said I need to know the bad stuff too so I am all ears!

I'm particularly interested in finding out more about child care etc, and also how easy/difficult will it be and the best ways to build a social life!

Look forward to hearing from you and thanks in advance.

Cheers

E
Old Jul 8th 2014, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

wwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud of
Default Re: Ajman University of Science and Technology

You may like to contact many AUST academics in LinkedIn, especially in your discipline. Unlike Dubai, Ajman is quite a strict emirate and you would expect no much 'fun' there. AUST is well known to international educators and ranked one of top 10 universities in the Middle East. You need to teach segregated classes for both lectures and labs, i.e. one male session followed by the female. All academic activities and resources are therefore doubled. Your basic monthly salary might be around AED 15K-25K depending on your area of expertise, experiences after PhD and nationality/passport. Regarding child care and other relevant issues, just ask the AUST people in LinkedIn.
Old Jul 9th 2014, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Energawy
Hello there.

Just wondering if anyone has any comments on living and working for Ajman University.

I am 34 year old chap, and I've been asked to be interviewed for Assistant Prof. academic post at the University starting Sept. What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at AUST?

Anyone has been interviewed with them before? How was it like?

If any one worked for them before, do you have any advises for me? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

That said I need to know the bad stuff too so I am all ears!

I'm particularly interested in finding out more about child care etc, and also how easy/difficult will it be and the best ways to build a social life!

Look forward to hearing from you and thanks in advance.

Cheers

E
I can tell you how it was 20 years ago. they didn't use to pay salaries on monthly basis, they used to pay them in bulk every few months, so they always owe you money, but you get paid all your dues should you decide to leave. things may have changed now, but check it out first
Old Jul 10th 2014, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark
I can tell you how it was 20 years ago. they didn't use to pay salaries on monthly basis, they used to pay them in bulk every few months, so they always owe you money, but you get paid all your dues should you decide to leave. things may have changed now, but check it out first
spend much time in Ajman 20 years ago?
Old Jul 10th 2014, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Brains1983
spend much time in Ajman 20 years ago?
Yep a few years, and where were you then? Would I be far off the mark if I said you were still teething then and mummy was changing the nappies?
Old Jul 15th 2014, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark
Would I be far off the mark if I said you were still teething then and mummy was changing the nappies?
don't be silly, I would have been 7. Out of nappies for nearly a year by then!