Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

ADIA - Need information about resigning process

ADIA - Need information about resigning process

Old Oct 31st 2013, 12:27 am
Just Joined

tomhardy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ADIA - Need information about resigning process

Hello Everyone,

My first post. I need some information about employment w/ ADIA. Specifically, about the Central Dealing Unit (CDU). Is there anyone on this forum who worked in that dept?

What are the terms for voluntary separation from employment? Specifically, if you are an employee on local contract, how long will the notice period be? I have heard that the notice period in ADIA can be anywhere between 3 months to 1 year. That sounded quite unreasonable to me. So, I am trying to ascertain the veracity of this information from anyone who has worked or is currently working in CDU.

Also, once you submit your resignation, how long does it take you to get the release letter from the HR? Do they send it after you leave the country or on the last day of your employment? What is the norm there?

Your help is much appreciated. Please feel free to PM me if you feel more comfortable that way.

Regards,

Tom
Old Oct 31st 2013, 4:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ADIA - Need information about resigning process

Originally Posted by tomhardy
Hello Everyone,

My first post. I need some information about employment w/ ADIA. Specifically, about the Central Dealing Unit (CDU). Is there anyone on this forum who worked in that dept?

What are the terms for voluntary separation from employment? Specifically, if you are an employee on local contract, how long will the notice period be? I have heard that the notice period in ADIA can be anywhere between 3 months to 1 year. That sounded quite unreasonable to me. So, I am trying to ascertain the veracity of this information from anyone who has worked or is currently working in CDU.

Also, once you submit your resignation, how long does it take you to get the release letter from the HR? Do they send it after you leave the country or on the last day of your employment? What is the norm there?

Your help is much appreciated. Please feel free to PM me if you feel more comfortable that way.

Regards,

Tom
What does your contract say?
Old Oct 31st 2013, 8:26 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

if that's your real name you're just a little mad posting this on a public forum....
Old Oct 31st 2013, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Either naive or malicious. But shocking either way.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

probably won't have to worry about the resigning process now
Old Oct 31st 2013, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
probably won't have to worry about the resigning process now
Ha ha! Be careful what you wish for etc.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

Don't worry about my forum handle. Its neither naive or malicious. I do not work for ADIA.

Is the resignation term contract specific or is there a company-wide policy that is followed? Like 1 month's notice, 2 weeks, 3 months, 6 months etc.? Also, when do they issue you a release letter after you resign from the job?

Thanks.
Old Nov 1st 2013, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Are you recruiting them? Its a small dept so even this will have them chatting.

Sorry no info on local contract.
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

Yes.We interviewed a lady who works there. She told us that she was on local contract and needed to serve 2-3 months to account for the notice period. The job is in the west. Is CDU a very important part of the ADIA organization?

Also, I am not sure if I understood what you meant by "have them chatting". Is gossip culture very much prevalent in the company? Sorry to sound confused. But, it may be a culture thing.
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 3:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes.We interviewed a lady who works there. She told us that she was on local contract and needed to serve 2-3 months to account for the notice period. The job is in the west. Is CDU a very important part of the ADIA organization?

Also, I am not sure if I understood what you meant by "have them chatting". Is gossip culture very much prevalent in the company? Sorry to sound confused. But, it may be a culture thing.
What does her contract say?
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
What does her contract say?
It must be LaLaLaLayla.....................
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 10:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by The Dean
It must be LaLaLaLayla.....................
No. It's not complex enough and no knight has shown up to solve the problems for her.
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Everyone,

Regards,

Tom
Limited local contract = 3 months
Unlimited local contract = 1 month

Release will be given in the form of visa cancellation and this is normally processed in the last working week.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Thanks. Will ADIA provide a letter of experience showing years of service etc.? If so, do you have to wait to receive it? Or do they provide it during last work week?
Old Nov 7th 2013, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. Will ADIA provide a letter of experience showing years of service etc.? If so, do you have to wait to receive it? Or do they provide it during last work week?

This is called an employment certificate and can be requested at anytime.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.