ADEC - Advice Please

Old Dec 20th 2012, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

mathematist will become famous soon enough
Default Re: ADEC - Advice Please

Have u submitted all your attested docs yet? Wait till Easter fine. Expect 3 months maximum wait from the date of submission. Which recruitment agent are you going through?
Old Dec 26th 2012, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

ghekoman is an unknown quantity at this point

No

I haven't got my documents attested yet - I was waiting to see if I eventually received a yes from ADEC.

This is something that I will go ahead with now - providing they are prepared to wait until Easter.

I am going through the teachanywhere agency.

I guess there will be more details forthcoming.
Old Dec 26th 2012, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

mathematist will become famous soon enough

If you haven't already done so, I'd go through this. Read the January 2013 and 9ctober 2012 threads and you'll get an idea of the waiting times.

All the best.

http://www.forumforpages.com/faceboo.../13573950721/0
Old Jan 21st 2013, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

ghekoman is an unknown quantity at this point

ADEC were not prepared to wait for me to leave at Easter so that I complied with the terms of my UK school contract. Interestingly enough, they are recruiting for the same positions in August 2013. My request to seek deferment until then was turned down - the recruitment agency has said that I need to go for the same interview again in February if I want to be considered for the position.

Knowing how slow the process is, I would probably have to resign without a firm offer from ADEC and just hope that they give me a contract in August - this is something that I am not prepared to do.

It seems that quite a few international recruiters expect you to be unemployed, able to walk out of a job at short notice or break contract to take up their position. This is not the sort of person I am - it makes you wonder about the quality of some of the appointments that are made in this way.

In the UK we are very wary of teachers applying for jobs in between the resignation points because after all, why are they out of work?

Seems like catch 22.

It is a shame because I was looking forward to the role however, I am now receiving interviews for a number of positions that will allow me to hand in my notice and not break contract.

I am being interviewed for a position at a British school in China and a British school in Kuwait. I also have schools that want to interview me in the UAE - Dubai and Abu Dhabi - these are good British curriculum schools so I will keep my fingers crossed!

If anyone has any experience of working in Shanghai (BISS Puxi) or Kuwait (BSK and possible BNES Kuwait) I would be glad to here from you.

Many thanks!
Old May 22nd 2015, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

Anisa123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP...Not heard back from ADEC

Hi guys, would really appreciate some help here..

I have accepted a job with ADEC and sent off all my paperwork...however it's been about 6 weeks and I've yet to hear anything. Not even an update on my visa status or if there's anything outstanding regarding my paperwork. Is this normal? Are there others in the same boat as me? Does anyone have any inklings about possible dates for leaving? I'm happy and excited but feeling quite anxious too now...

I have myself, hubby and a 10month old baby to organise, inc. our home AND I return back to work from mat leave next week so be good to have something to work on?

Anyone have any experiences they would like to share with me regarding their adventures and the process with ADEC? I've heard mixed reviews and I hear their system is improving each year so this could be the year they speed things up...hopefully!

Many thanks,
A