Abu Dhabi - Teacher

Old May 4th 2011, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

NorthernBelle31 is a jewel in the roughNorthernBelle31 is a jewel in the roughNorthernBelle31 is a jewel in the roughNorthernBelle31 is a jewel in the roughNorthernBelle31 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Abu Dhabi - Teacher

Originally Posted by Ethos83
If the school is providing housing, probably a one bedroom flat in Tecom or the Greens, odds are that the housing fee/tax is covered by the school. Your monthly utilities most likely won't exceed 100 AED. I wouldn't fight the school to have this covered.

Just make sure that you're not liable for the housing fee. The problem is that the housing fee is bundled with the utilities so you get reimbursed or the school will deduct the dewa from your pat.
The school are providing housing - will check out the issue of the housing fee. Thanks!
Old May 4th 2011, 5:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernBelle31
Ok, thanks for the info. Still not a huge amount so might just leave it. My original offer in Abu Dhabi was 11,000......but this position in Dubai is 14,000 so better off anyway.
you will have a nice life with 14k to piss away each month.
Old May 4th 2011, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

NorthernBelle31 is a jewel in the roughNorthernBelle31 is a jewel in the roughNorthernBelle31 is a jewel in the roughNorthernBelle31 is a jewel in the roughNorthernBelle31 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Millhouse
you will have a nice life with 14k to piss away each month.
Good to know! Might even consider trying to save a little for the first time in my life!
Old May 4th 2011, 5:37 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Most apartments don't include free ac, you pay for it as part of the electricity usage. My dewa never exceeded 100 even in the summer. Those who have to pay separate ac charges are in district cooling schemes and it is quite a lot as you have to pay a minimum charge every month regardless if you have the ac on or not. JBR, the Palm and I think JLT and Business Bay are district cooling. Emaar, thank god, doesn't do district cooling.

Originally Posted by Millhouse
The answer is it depends. Some buildings have free AC. In those buildings your bill be 80-100AED. Otherwise it will be, I guess, peaking at 300AED for a 1 bed.

The 2000+ AED/month bills are for the villas.
Old May 4th 2011, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Most apartments don't include free ac, you pay for it as part of the electricity usage. My dewa never exceeded 100 even in the summer. Those who have to pay separate ac charges are in district cooling schemes and it is quite a lot as you have to pay a minimum charge every month regardless if you have the ac on or not. JBR, the Palm and I think JLT and Business Bay are district cooling. Emaar, thank god, doesn't do district cooling.
I'm not sure where the accommodation is at the minute....going to email them with a few questions tomorrow
Old May 5th 2011, 6:58 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernBelle31
Good to know! Might even consider trying to save a little for the first time in my life!
you should be able to save a good chunk of that, good luck