Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Old Mar 31st 2014, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

King Charlie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Originally Posted by Eeyore
That's actually pretty standard for all companies in the Gulf. Any weekends/off-shift days that fall during your leave are counted as leave days, so if you take 2 weeks off, you have to use up 14 leave days rather than just the 10 working days - the weekends in the middle and at the end are counted as well.

That's presumably partly why the annual leave entitlement is generally higher than in (say) the UK. It looks very generous until you realise the catch...
I would agree if it was consistent Eeyore, but 3 shifts = 3 days leave, yet 4 shifts = 6 days leave! It doesn't make any sense at all.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

Expatfo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by King Charlie
Hey mate,

The leave is, quite frankly, impossible to work out! So I'll give you a few examples:

You take one shift off = 1 days leave
You take two consecutive shifts off = 2 days leave
You take the last shift of your 4, and the first shift of your next 4 (so 2 shifts) = 6 days leave
You take one cycle off (4 days) = 6 days leave
You take 2 cycles off (8 days) = 12 days leave.

Their argument is, you have to submit as many days leave that you are off - including days where you where off anyway!....apart from when you take 4?????????
Sent you a pm mate
Old Mar 31st 2014, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Expatfo
Sent you a pm mate
Not got it yet mate?
Old Mar 31st 2014, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

Expatfo is an unknown quantity at this point

Not got it yet mate?
Sorry just resent it
Old Apr 1st 2014, 12:23 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

I would agree if it was consistent Eeyore, but 3 shifts = 3 days leave, yet 4 shifts = 6 days leave! It doesn't make any sense at all.
If you want things to be consistent and make sense, you need to look elsewhere than the Gulf...
Old Apr 1st 2014, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Eeyore
If you want things to be consistent and make sense, you need to look elsewhere than the Gulf...
I know that mate...I live here! I was simply pointing out that your attempt to explain the holidays doesn't make sense with Al Hosn's system!
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 9:46 am
Just Joined

Frankiegoez 2 Gib is an unknown quantity at this point

.....thats right.......none at all. If you can get your head round nothing being as it would appear and yet somehow things work out (thats my personal opinion of course) then you are well prepared for life in the UAE.....I think its great.....also maddening....occasionally frustrating to the point of tears....but still great!
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

adaly1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Was at the interviews in january 2013 got the offer from ahktar but rejected the offer as wage too low!!
Now they are telling me the wage is £700 per month more with a lump sum possibility?? Does anyone have anymore info on this so called lump sum offer?? Or is this Vish and co saying what they want??
Slightly confused about the interview I have on the 11th!
Thanks
Old Apr 4th 2014, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

downbutnotout is an unknown quantity at this point

From my experience with vish and co I think it's like the old saying how do you know vish is lying - his lips are moving !!!!
Old Apr 4th 2014, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by downbutnotout
From my experience with vish and co I think it's like the old saying how do you know vish is lying - his lips are moving !!!!
We've been told a new allowance, maybe two, are due! This could be true as they've amended our terms. It's decent enough, the amount depends on your grade. Then there should be a H2s allowance when the gas is introduced.....the general consensus is (for grade 10 operators) it should all be around an extra 9-10,000 AED a month.

But over here, you don't believe it until you see it......
Old Apr 5th 2014, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Karim13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everybody!
I'm new here and I'm from France.
I am going to an interview for a job with Al Hosn Gas on the 11 april in London.
Could you give me some advice/ information about the workshop?
Thanks
Old Apr 6th 2014, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

smokey65 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was recommended for a firefighter position after 2013 London interviews and have been told i dont need to attend next weeks interviews so i just sit and wait again for how long anyone know?
I do know that there has been more offers does anyone know anything?
Old Apr 6th 2014, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

expathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by smokey65
I was recommended for a firefighter position after 2013 London interviews and have been told i dont need to attend next weeks interviews so i just sit and wait again for how long anyone know?
I do know that there has been more offers does anyone know anything?
I'll be honest smokey, I've heard that 9
More offers have gone out to uk firefighters, I'm touch with a few. I've also heard 4 trinidadians have received offers... And that no more will be going out until they have ascertained what level of fire cover will be needed. They will decide that once the gas is being produced.

For all the guys who have recieved offers, On the plus side, since I moved out here, my salary has increased by about 4000 aed a month, and another 7,000 is coming at the end of the month inshallah (key word there). The wages are only going to go up in my opinion. The offers you have been receiving are missing key allowances you will get as TS aren't fully in the picture just like last year. PM me if to want more info...

Then there's the fact that H2S is deadly shit!!! 450 parts per million is nearly always fatal... And we're dealing with 230,000 parts per million..... I like to think there will be another allowance once that's coming through our plant...if only to give me a really good send off
Old Apr 6th 2014, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

Karim13 is an unknown quantity at this point

did anyone apply for operator position?
Old Apr 11th 2014, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

adaly1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Attended the interviews today, offered a control room operator position during the interview , all seemed great until.......

They called it an offer, I refer to it as a JOKE!! If your due to attend don't expect great money, they will only pay peanuts!!

They offered me less than I currently earn in uk after tax!! Pathetic please people DO NOT believe anything that lying t**t Vish or Devesh say.

They told me I would be able to get 4k Gbp monthly salary that's why I attended but they offered me 2900gbp for a control room operator!!!! They raised it to 3400gbp but that's the highest that can do for grade 10!!!

A little gutted as I wanted to move out there and work with them but when they make you an offer like that it deflates your confidence in them and it shows how much they really think of you!!

Please be realistic with your salary expectations if you go, this company massively under pays!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.