Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Old Jan 28th 2013, 11:53 am
Just Joined

NorthSeaBear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Yeah. A lot of of paid flights, trains, hotels for the interview on the promise we would be reimbursed.

I emailed last week but not heard anything back yet.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 11:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by NorthSeaBear
Yeah. A lot of of paid flights, trains, hotels for the interview on the promise we would be reimbursed.

I emailed last week but not heard anything back yet.
Don't email. Ring the ****ers.

Recruiters don't do anything until you've rung a few times.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

tonysprings is just really nicetonysprings is just really nicetonysprings is just really nicetonysprings is just really nicetonysprings is just really nicetonysprings is just really nicetonysprings is just really nicetonysprings is just really nice

Right....just to let you all know on good faith,I have been in touch with an ex training instructor form Adnoc who has informed me that only the ones that get an offer will get reimbursed. Obviously if you get an offer you go back to London for a medical so if they dont pay upfront this time refuse to go. The recruitment company are as much in the dark as us and will just give you soundbites until Adnoc (Al Hosn) finally start giving formal offers. The instructor also told me it would take between 3 - 6 weeks before an offer is sent and about 3 months from your interview date before you get airbourne to AD. I am afraid its a matter of time and patience so just chill out and wait for the email.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 2:28 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

If this is in the UK and the offer of reimbursement was in writing, then you have a right to get your money back. You did all get it in writing didn't you?
Old Jan 28th 2013, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

JLF1970 is an unknown quantity at this point

Via e-mail
Old Jan 28th 2013, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Was it a UK based/registered recruitment company?
Old Jan 28th 2013, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

JLF1970 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes it is.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 3:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by JLF1970
Yes it is.
Did they say they would reimburse you or the client would reimburse you?
Old Jan 29th 2013, 6:27 am
Just Joined

It's the recruitment company that is reimbursing us AFAIK. That's what I was told via email
Old Jan 29th 2013, 6:31 am
Account Closed

It's the recruitment company that is reimbursing us AFAIK. That's what I was told via email
So even those who are not selected should be asking for it.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 7:16 am
Just Joined

I was told regardless of whether I accepted the job or not, I'd be reimbursed.

On the grand scheme of things, the money isn't a huge amount, but its the principle.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 7:18 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

On the grand scheme of things, the money isn't a huge amount, but its the principle.
The money is the principle.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 7:53 am
Account Closed

If it's not the money then just complain that they lied (to date) about being reimbursed and refuse any future offers of money.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 8:04 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 29th 2013, 8:52 am
Just Joined

Wow. What a fantastic idea!

I doubt they are lying, it's probably just taking time. I don't doubt we'll be reimbursed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.