British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   ME Job Discussions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/)
-   -   Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/abu-dhabi-move-al-hosn-gas-girlfriend-781803/)

tonysom Jul 7th 2013 7:00 pm

Re: Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Originally Posted by don.govender (Post 10789272)
More than 2 months tony

Thank you Don.

Expatwifesa Jul 7th 2013 7:07 pm

Hi all, been in Abu Dhabi a week now and it,s great, expat Irish wife you,ll love it. So very hot at the moment but I haven,t found it to uncomfortable. Al Hosn didn,t fly me out as they said me being British coming from S.Africa was a problem, so hubby flew me out and I,m trying to sort my own visa out myself. I have to fly back to S.A in 3 weeks then Al Hosn will fly me back again,So if any of you wives are a different nationality than you hubby then there,s problems. No probs Don with flight just seems to take forever cause flying thru the night, you need gate 25 at Jburg.Baggage allowance 20 kg from George,Jburg 30kg my weight was 28kg but only had to may R250 at George for the extra. I think for a expat wife here you have to be social or your gonna be one lonely lady, everyone is very pleasant and helpful and all ticks over here very well which Don it,s a breathe of fresh air coming from S.A. I,ve never seen so many Indians thought I was back in Birmingham.:rofl: Expat Irish wife let me know when you arrive then will give you my number can get together, also your wife Don must get on the forum we can all meet for coffee. :DHave a great day all off to marina mall:thumbsup:

busybee2 Jul 7th 2013 8:09 pm

extremely humid here at the moment, yesterday and today.... thats the worse its not the heat that gets you its when you get the humidity too!

tonysom Jul 7th 2013 8:27 pm

Yes it could go up to 99%, heat is not the problem humid is the main problem, I have experience it. So guys be ready for this.

Expatwifesa Jul 7th 2013 8:30 pm

Hi busybee, Do you have any idea where the visa place is.:)

busybee2 Jul 7th 2013 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by Expatwifesa (Post 10789389)

visa place? do you mean resident visa if so then immigration on 19th al saada st.

busybee2 Jul 7th 2013 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by tonysom (Post 10789382)
Yes it could go up to 99%, heat is not the problem humid is the main problem, I have experience it. So guys be ready for this.

it has been like this a few times just recently in june and july, usually the most humid months are august and september. but the weather system has changed here, its cooler for longer too!

busybee2 Jul 7th 2013 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by Expatwifesa (Post 10789389)

why arent you getting the pro to sort out the visa for you? thats there job. be aware that ramadan is going to start in a couple of days and so the hours at government offices etc will be reduced.

immigration is busy at the best of times, best to get there early. parking can be a nitemare but since the schools which are close by are on hols there should be more.... but more of a walk. get a taxi especially now with the heat/humidity

Expatwifesa Jul 7th 2013 9:39 pm

Busybee everybody is saying different things here, Al hosn say I need more paperwork for my visa but nobody knows what paperwork,it,s very frustrating, I thought maybe go to a private immigration officer but firstly try immigration visa place first. Going there in the morning at 7.30 because heard yes they are very busy.Cheers for your help.

busybee2 Jul 7th 2013 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by Expatwifesa (Post 10789486)
Busybee everybody is saying different things here, Al hosn say I need more paperwork for my visa but nobody knows what paperwork,it,s very frustrating, I thought maybe go to a private immigration officer but firstly try immigration visa place first. Going there in the morning at 7.30 because heard yes they are very busy.Cheers for your help.

you will learn you take everything with you, they will always ask for something you dont have. go to immigration and get it from the horses mouth... but be warned, you may go today and be told you need this and that, and when you go back, you will be told something different..... welcome to the muddle east. unfortunately all visas will be different for different employees, private or government etc... i know a family who work for private company which should be 2 years visa, 3 members of family were brought back into pay extra for 3 years (it should be 2), but youngest child was issued a 2 year visa....>!

expathopeful Jul 7th 2013 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 10789514)
you will learn you take everything with you, they will always ask for something you dont have. go to immigration and get it from the horses mouth... but be warned, you may go today and be told you need this and that, and when you go back, you will be told something different..... welcome to the muddle east. unfortunately all visas will be different for different employees, private or government etc... i know a family who work for private company which should be 2 years visa, 3 members of family were brought back into pay extra for 3 years (it should be 2), but youngest child was issued a 2 year visa....>!

Busybee2, time for me to ask for advice on here for a change, haha.

I need to get my wife out here asap as her situation has changed back in the uk. The company have said they can get her out soon without jumping through all the usual hoops as she has a British passport and automatically gets a 30 day Visa, then when she is here they will process it for a residency Visa.
Im worried now because one of my friends here from SA has said to change it from a 30 tourist Visa to a residency visa, she will be required to leave the country for 30 days???? He's heard this from someone but no one can seem to confirm this. Obviously I don't want to get my wife and daughter out only for them to have to disappear a month later. Ever heard of this one?

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

Bluelionesse Jul 7th 2013 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by expathopeful (Post 10789588)
Busybee2, time for me to ask for advice on here for a change, haha.

I need to get my wife out here asap as her situation has changed back in the uk. The company have said they can get her out soon without jumping through all the usual hoops as she has a British passport and automatically gets a 30 day Visa, then when she is here they will process it for a residency Visa.
Im worried now because one of my friends here from SA has said to change it from a 30 tourist Visa to a residency visa, she will be required to leave the country for 30 days???? He's heard this from someone but no one can seem to confirm this. Obviously I don't want to get my wife and daughter out only for them to have to disappear a month later. Ever heard of this one?

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

A visit visa can be changed to a residency one by either paying a 500aed fee OR doing a border run with Oman. No need to stay there overnight.

expathopeful Jul 7th 2013 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by Bluelionesse (Post 10789595)
A visit visa can be changed to a residency one by either paying a 500aed fee OR doing a border run with Oman. No need to stay there overnight.

Thank you :-) should have them here by the end of the week. Its been 5 and a half long weeks :amen:

Bluelionesse Jul 7th 2013 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by Expatwifesa (Post 10789486)

Expatwifesa - Here's what you will need for your visa - but I can't rule out them wanting something else too.

a) medical certificate - have you had your blood test/xray etc at the centre for disease prevention yet - https://dpsc.ahs.ae/EN-US/Pages/Visa...ngProcess.aspx
b) your medical insurance card from your husband's employer
c) an attested copy of your residential contract
d) (sometimes) a copy of your electricity provider contract
e) a copy of your husband's passport main page plus his residency visa.
f) your attested marriage certificate

My husband works for the ADNOC group too but as we live in Al Ain (he works offshore) we find it easier and a lot quicker to do the renewal ourselves.

Good luck!

Edit - one more thing, have you applied for your ID card yet? You may need a copy of the application form for that too - http://www.emiratesid.gov.ae/en/serv...w-id-card.aspx.

Expatwifesa Jul 8th 2013 3:19 am

Hello there bluelionesse, thanks for that, much appreciated got most of it just the disease check to do now. I will get there in the end I,m sure of it.Many thanks again:thumbsup: