Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Old Mar 5th 2013, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

SJBexLFB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Originally Posted by commander
Mate, I spent 13 years in the Royal Navy then worked offshore since..I have had some god awful potmess in my time. I have a vision of an old woman in the firestation cooking great food all the time..was that only on Londons burning?
no, the station cooks are all gone bless 'em, due to cuts in the fire service, now we have firemen burning the food
Old Mar 5th 2013, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

don.govender is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok..so I been reading this thread for about a month now, also has the interview on 12th Feb, got an offer, but even here in South Africa I'm currently earning more that that... seems you guys been havin the same issue..
Old Mar 5th 2013, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

King Charlie is an unknown quantity at this point

Reading the information Hooker supplied (cheers), it would seem that Al Hosn previously paid utility bills....but don't anymore!!! Instead they give a "general allowance", which has already been included in the offer!
So the way I understand it, you pay the bills, they give you an allowance to do so. But as the existing offers include that allowance....you are effectively paying your bills out of the total salary offered....and not Al Hosn paying them on top of your salary (as I was led to believe!).
Does that make any sense? I'm so confused I've just paid full price for a packet of Tesco's popcorn! Tastes a bit like horse.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

expathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant future
Question Re: Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Originally Posted by King Charlie
Reading the information Hooker supplied (cheers), it would seem that Al Hosn previously paid utility bills....but don't anymore!!! Instead they give a "general allowance", which has already been included in the offer!
So the way I understand it, you pay the bills, they give you an allowance to do so. But as the existing offers include that allowance....you are effectively paying your bills out of the total salary offered....and not Al Hosn paying them on top of your salary (as I was led to believe!).
Does that make any sense? I'm so confused I've just paid full price for a packet of Tesco's popcorn! Tastes a bit like horse.
I found that link a while ago, it definitely pays to be a UAE National...

I was never under the impression that they paid our bills, it was never offered, even by TS. The advertised a lot of money and benefits but utilities wasn't one of them.

I might be wrong, but in Abu Dhabi if you stay in the companies own accommodation it's included but not if you find your own gaff. Ive always had 2,000 AED for utilities and around £100 for broadband in my calculations for "is it worth it?"

Last edited by expathopeful; Mar 5th 2013 at 7:43 pm. Reason: Typo :-)
Old Mar 6th 2013, 11:59 am
Just Joined

Sagitarius is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by don.govender
Ok..so I been reading this thread for about a month now, also has the interview on 12th Feb, got an offer, but even here in South Africa I'm currently earning more that that... seems you guys been havin the same issue..
Hi Don, what position did you apply for and when did you receive your offer?
Have you received your travel expences back yet?
I went for interview on the 9th in Sandton, still nothing, only received request for references/certs from TSI.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hooker1128
For expats working in ADNOC, the wages/allowances haven't increased since 2008!
Old Mar 7th 2013, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

don.govender is an unknown quantity at this point

Interviewed for an instrument trainer position...got an offer from them on Monday...
Old Mar 8th 2013, 2:40 am
Just Joined

NorthSeaBear is an unknown quantity at this point

50% off cinema tickets!! Whooopeeee!

Where do I sign up!?!?
Old Mar 8th 2013, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

tonysom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey gays is there any one applied as Engineer? what I am reading all this days is only from Fire fighter's, so is there is any Engineers please come up, I would be interested to know.
Old Mar 8th 2013, 8:30 am
Just Joined

NorthSeaBear is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tonysom
Hey gays .
Snigger

Old Mar 8th 2013, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

Greystar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tonysom
Hey gays is there any one applied as Engineer? what I am reading all this days is only from Fire fighter's, so is there is any Engineers please come up, I would be interested to know.
I also attend an interview on 13 Jan 2013 in London for Engineer position. Till now I haven’t heard from HR team.
Old Mar 9th 2013, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

tonysom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Greystar
I also attend an interview on 13 Jan 2013 in London for Engineer position. Till now I haven’t heard from HR team.
Hi, thanx mate for coming in touch, what type of engineer position have you applied? if you don't mind to post, it will be great to know........
Old Mar 11th 2013, 9:55 am
Just Joined

Nell12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone heard from TSI?
Old Mar 11th 2013, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is like a sub culture of BE Middle East. Why don't you guys come on play on our other threads too? Why just hide in here?
Old Mar 11th 2013, 10:11 am
Just Joined

Jamesjones is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone got a date to fly yet? or be out there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.