Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Old Mar 5th 2013, 6:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
They are a touchy bunch (and not in a good way) on here aren't they?
Meh. I'd be a bit frustrated if people were joking about my potential move, but then again that's life.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 6:37 am
Just Joined

Hooker1128 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi im a fire fighter who also had a interview on sat 12th anyone tell me how long it takes from receiveing the email regarding references/certificates to receiving the offer thanks. expathopeful hi pal nice to meet u, are u out in afgan with luckings... give him a big man hug from me and also did u take there first offer, if u dont mind saying.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

jamesmash is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just had my second offer, in which they offered me 15% more on the basic salary, would still mean taking a pay cut to move!
Old Mar 5th 2013, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

expathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant future

I don't think it helps that when people think of Operators, all they think of is Sector 7G
Attached Thumbnails Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend-image.jpg  
Old Mar 5th 2013, 8:05 am
Just Joined

SJBexLFB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by expathopeful
I don't think it helps that when people think of Operators, all they think of is Sector 7G
sent you an e-mail mucka
Old Mar 5th 2013, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

AJMac88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by expathopeful
Too true this!
Attached Thumbnails Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend-551334_336691896451337_1607533160_n.jpg  
Old Mar 5th 2013, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jamesmash
I've just had my second offer, in which they offered me 15% more on the basic salary, would still mean taking a pay cut to move!
I'm at what they originally stated $3778 including allowances... £500 up on the first offer, still a pretty hefty pay cut for me aswell
Al
Old Mar 5th 2013, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Mines about £100 more but they have said there is not much chance at all for overtime as we are on shifts, and we are eligible for a bonus based on our and the company performance
Old Mar 5th 2013, 8:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by AJMac88
I'm at what they originally stated $3778 including allowances... £500 up on the first offer, still a pretty hefty pay cut for me aswell
Al
Hang on...so you've been offered what you were told it was when you first went to the interview?
Old Mar 5th 2013, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scamp
Hang on...so you've been offered what you were told it was when you first went to the interview?
I was led to believe your basic would be that then all allowances and overtime on top of that, which would have made it a lot more but now it is at that price with everything in it, and no chance if overtime
Old Mar 5th 2013, 8:45 am
Account Closed

I was led to believe your basic would be that then all allowances and overtime on top of that, which would have made it a lot more but now it is at that price with everything in it, and no chance if overtime
Ah I see.

SO it would have been the 3778 + Accom + etc + etc + etc.

Now it's just 3778.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Ah I see.

SO it would have been the 3778 + Accom + etc + etc + etc.

Now it's just 3778.
Exactly right, goal posts moved, or maybe just a lying recruitment firm trying to sell it more than it is to get commission
Our accommodation is still also provided
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:04 am
Account Closed

Exactly right, goal posts moved, or maybe just a lying recruitment firm trying to sell it more than it is to get commission
Our accommodation is still also provided
Lots of potential scenario's here.

- Al Hosn said one package, now say another.
- Recruiter said one package knowing it wasn't the deal, to get you all to go for interview.
- Recruiter doesn't have a clue, just passing on the top option
- All of you got it wrong and didn't listen properly.

Something tells me the last is unlikely....probably a combination of the top three if I was made to pick
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Lots of potential scenario's here.

- Al Hosn said one package, now say another.
- Recruiter said one package knowing it wasn't the deal, to get you all to go for interview.
- Recruiter doesn't have a clue, just passing on the top option
- All of you got it wrong and didn't listen properly.

Something tells me the last is unlikely....probably a combination of the top three if I was made to pick
It was advertised as a salary of $3700 + $1000 OT...sooo that is what they are now offering. I think TSI have marketed the whole salary (basic + supplementary allowances + general allowance) as the basic salary. Pretty misleading. The only extras I was expecting on the pay was the shift and remote location allowance and they come to under £280 so not exactly a deal breaker... I expected the whole salary to be a lot higher based on the way my pay is made up now...the shift and location allowance make up nearly half my salary...decisions decisions decisions!!
Al
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Another question to ask yourselves -

After a few years in that place will I be able to slot back into a job somewhere else ? Will I be able to go back ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.