Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Old Feb 24th 2013, 5:49 am
Just Joined

Jamesjones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Does anyone have any idea when we would be expected to start work there? or when we would be flown out if accepting?
Old Feb 24th 2013, 7:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jamesjones
Does anyone have any idea when we would be expected to start work there? or when we would be flown out if accepting?
quite often they expect you to come out "yesterday"
Old Feb 24th 2013, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

expathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant future

Just out of interest, what role have you applied for? You asked about firemen before didn't you? As far as I know, no firemen have had offers, but they said in the interview we won't be going until late April early may. He said that's the earliest, the main reason being the accommodation for them isn't built yet so there's no where for them to stay on shift and there's really no need for them for ages.

He explained everything will need to be brand new and they haven't bought any of it yet, ie fire equipment, appliances, (and the small matter of a fire station too)
Old Feb 24th 2013, 8:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expathopeful
Just out of interest, what role have you applied for? You asked about firemen before didn't you? As far as I know, no firemen have had offers, but they said in the interview we won't be going until late April early may. He said that's the earliest, the main reason being the accommodation for them isn't built yet so there's no where for them to stay on shift and there's really no need for them for ages.

He explained everything will need to be brand new and they haven't bought any of it yet, ie fire equipment, appliances, (and the small matter of a fire station too)
oh dear if nothing has been built yet, then it will be subject to "abu dhabi time".
Old Feb 24th 2013, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

expathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by busybee2
oh dear if nothing has been built yet, then it will be subject to "abu dhabi time".
Haha. I thought that. I think the railway has been completed, the plant is on schedule to be up and running late 2014. So there's not going to be a great sense of urgency I imagine.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Haha. I thought that. I think the railway has been completed, the plant is on schedule to be up and running late 2014. So there's not going to be a great sense of urgency I imagine.
Railway definitely not completed!
Old Feb 24th 2013, 9:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bluelionesse
Railway definitely not completed!
railway, what railway, no railways here, except for the metro in dubai.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by busybee2
railway, what railway, no railways here, except for the metro in dubai.
I get you was probably being sarcastic.... But just in case you wasn't ...

http://www.saipem.com/site/download....335&instance=2
Old Feb 24th 2013, 2:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I get you was probably being sarcastic.... But just in case you wasn't ...

http://www.saipem.com/site/download....335&instance=2
hmmmmm i wasnt, as i dont believe its finished yet.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Can anyone confirm that no fireman have received offers and only operators have received? Those who have received offers, how soon must go go for your medicals?

Thanks guys
Old Feb 24th 2013, 2:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...o-us-companies
Old Feb 24th 2013, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

SJBexLFB is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone confirm that no fireman have received offers and only operators have received? Those who have received offers, how soon must go go for your medicals?

Thanks guys
as far as i know, thus far, NO firefighters..sorry habit...have received any written offer....and very frustrating it is too!
Old Feb 24th 2013, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

Exclamation Re: Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Originally Posted by SJBexLFB
as far as i know, thus far, NO firefighters..sorry habit...have received any written offer....and very frustrating it is too!
Thus only operators i assume how come they taking so long??? Does anyone know when we can expect the next batch of offers or any offers?
Old Feb 24th 2013, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Thus only operators i assume how come they taking so long??? Does anyone know when we can expect the next batch of offers or any offers?
If you ask vish he'll probably tell u he expects them to come out in 3-5 days. Reality is though it could be any time in the next month.... Or maybe never, who knows???
Old Feb 25th 2013, 6:00 am
Just Joined

If you ask vish he'll probably tell u he expects them to come out in 3-5 days. Reality is though it could be any time in the next month.... Or maybe never, who knows???
Has anyone spoken to Vish or had any news?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.