Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Old Jun 23rd 2014, 9:32 am
Just Joined

zac3001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Thanks again for information

Can I just clear up when you say site based?

Ie, if we're living in an apartment in Abu Dhabi for 4 days, and staying on site for 4 days- is that classed as site based?

Also is it true if you take a block of 4 shifts off you use more than 4 days holiday?

We were in Abu Dhabi last week and had a look at several areas to live, was struggling to find a 3 bedroom apartment/villa that was centrally located for 110k aed, any ideas? Is it true that al hosn have there own villas/apartments that they rent out? Do you know of a contact for these?

Is it also true you can get an interest free car loan after a few months?

And the government discount card we supposedly get is it any useful?

Sorry for all the questions but just trying to get my head round it all before the huge thing of handing my notice in
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 9:42 am
Just Joined

Could you just clear up 'site based'?

Ie, if we stay in Abu Dhabi for 4 days and I then I work on site for 4 days- am I classed as site based?

Is it true that you can get an interest free car loan after a few months?

Is it true that if you take a block of 4 shifts off then you use more than 4 days holidays?

Is the government discount card you receive any use?

Do they have these al hosn family days I am told about?

We were in Abu Dhabi last week and looked at areas to live, we struggled to find a centrally located place with 3 beds? Any ideas? Is it true al hosn have there own villas/apartments to rent out?

Do you have to pay the security deposit yourself?

Thanks again for your help I'm just trying to clear a few things up before handing my notice in
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

expathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by zac3001

Can I just clear up when you say site based?

Ie, if we're living in an apartment in Abu Dhabi for 4 days, and staying on site for 4 days- is that classed as site based? Yes that's site based, but just to clarify, only you will be going to site, family have to stay and slum it up at some 5 star hotel drinking your salary away...

Also is it true if you take a block of 4 shifts off you use more than 4 days holiday? yes this is true, I still don't understand the logic but your rota days off inbetween shifts count as days holiday too. So if you take 4 days off, you lose 8.....shit I know, but on a 4 on 4 off rotation, its not really possibl to have 35 days holiday a year.... youd never be in if you think about it... its changing all the time though

We were in Abu Dhabi last week and had a look at several areas to live, was struggling to find a 3 bedroom apartment/villa that was centrally located for 110k aed, any ideas? 3 bed Villa, central for 110??? Don't think youre going to be in much luck there unless you find something quite old in not the best area. How big is your family? Did you visit Al Reef? Is it true that al hosn have there own villas/apartments that they rent out? Do you know of a contact for these? Nope.... never heard of them or seen anything like that.... I read that too but its bollocks if im honest. Some bloke in the housing department gives you a number for an agency called quest, who then listen to absolutely nothing you have to say and try their best to get some money out of you. Get your own agents ready for when you get here. Id seen all areas I wanted to on day 2 of being here.

Is it also true you can get an interest free car loan after a few months? apparently its after one year up to 75,000 AED. But the car is not yours its the companies until you cough up. I just got a new car on finance..... theyre cheap enough out here.

And the government discount card we supposedly get is it any useful? never been given a discount card, just say youre ADNOC and flash you office pass and you get cheaper hotel room and stays etc. The company do pay for you to have family membership at 5 star hotels with pools and beaches though....... or gyms if your into the boring stuff

Sorry for all the questions but just trying to get my head round it all before the huge thing of handing my notice in
Good luck,
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

expathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant future

And yes..... you have to pay 5 % agency fees unless you get direct from the landlord... and 5 % deposit unless you find a landlord that accepts your story of "Government employees don't have to pay deposit"..... technically you will only be semi government.... It worked for me though...
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 10:01 am
Just Joined

Once again thanks for your help, it's definitely given us more to think about, I'm sure I'll think of more questions as the days roll on.
the two big things at the moment are the amount of housing allowance and being away from family for 4 days- was expecting to come home after 2nd day and travel back for the nights!!
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Once again thanks for your help, it's definitely given us more to think about, I'm sure I'll think of more questions as the days roll on.
the two big things at the moment are the amount of housing allowance and being away from family for 4 days- was expecting to come home after 2nd day and travel back for the nights!!
Sounds to me like you was told its 2 day on, 2 nights on followed by 4 days off???? I can smell Vish's bullshit from here....
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 11:21 am
Just Joined

Haha that's exactly what I was told- could you tell me exactly what the shifts are please?

Thanks
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Haha that's exactly what I was told- could you tell me exactly what the shifts are please?

Thanks
Not really no because I'm not an operator. But as far as I know there's a day shift and a night shift, both do 4 on 4 off, I don't think there's a mixed shift on 2 days 2 night 4 off.....
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 11:57 am
Just Joined

Thanks very much for all the info- been really useful, just waiting on a few answers off Ts recruitment and al hosn gas now
Old Aug 1st 2014, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

smokey65 is an unknown quantity at this point

hello everyone happy summer
Old Aug 20th 2014, 11:50 am
Just Joined

Golf88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

First post on here. Been offered an operators job by Al Hosn and just going through the documents/visa process at the moment.

Is there many people out there now? And are there many social arrangements between workers and families? I have a wife and young son who I hope will get the chance to easily make new friends.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Old Sep 13th 2014, 5:13 am
Just Joined

jojofire is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there,
can anybody tell me how much the salary of al hosn firefighter. anybody received their formal salary offer? is it family status?

thanks for any reply.
Old Sep 13th 2014, 5:22 am
Just Joined

as i have heard there's a lot of selected firefighters (al hosn) who received their formal salary offer. just want to know if it is family status.

in fact i received salary offer but it's not formal. they just give the basic salary and allowances. but it is not mention on the offer if it is single or family status.

for those who got their formal offer from al hosn, please let me know if it is single or family status.

thanks in advance for any rply
Old Sep 13th 2014, 5:30 am
Just Joined

friend,
agency contacted me as well. they told me to arrange and submit all the documents they are needed for the security clearance. they discuss also the basic salary and allowances. but for single or family status is not mentioned.

did you get your formal offer from al hosn? please let me know if it is single or family status.

thanks
Old Sep 13th 2014, 9:20 am
Just Joined

anybody has information about the salary package of al hosn for firefighters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.