Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Old Apr 13th 2014, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

Karim13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

I've got the job !!!
Old Apr 13th 2014, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

fireman3170 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Karim13
I've got the job !!!

CONGRATS MATE!!!!!!!
Old Apr 14th 2014, 2:37 am
Just Joined

Karim13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you !!!!!!
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

smokey65 is an unknown quantity at this point

Was contacted by Shakeel at TS on 8/4/14 to tellme wage would be 2400/2600pm going up by £700 pm after 6 months. This is the first contact i have had from TS that has not been initiated by me first. He says if this is still acceptable he will chase my offer from al hosn, Feels like this is the first time in over a year that they are doing something for me. They also said as i was recommended for a firefighter position after 2013 interviews i would be offered position before those that are being interviewed this month,i have since found out or been told no firefighters were interviewed this time.
Anyone any ideas whats going on.HELP.
Smokey
Old May 29th 2014, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

Expatfo is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone waiting for clearances for Al Hosn had any word on anything lately?
It's all gone quiet.
Old May 29th 2014, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

SJBexLFB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Expatfo
Anyone waiting for clearances for Al Hosn had any word on anything lately?
It's all gone quiet.
security clearance done, currently waiting for formal offer, the interview in the Park Lane Hilton seems a looooooooong time ago!
Old May 29th 2014, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

Expatfo is an unknown quantity at this point

Just sent you a pm
Old Jun 9th 2014, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

smokey65 is an unknown quantity at this point

please can expathopeful pm me i need some info if he can help.
thanks in advance
smokey
Old Jun 9th 2014, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

expathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant future

Alright Smokey........ what you after knowing mate?
Old Jun 21st 2014, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

zac3001 is an unknown quantity at this point

GRATEFUL FOR ANY HELP

Have just got my visa through for al hosn operators job, could anyone tell me the following please? (We are coming out as a family, my work visa lists me as single, we plan to be married before arriving in the UAE, one child coming with us)

1. Housing allowance offer is 110k aed -is this higher for a family allowance or solely based on the job grading?
2. Have been offered approx £2400 p/m -is this what operators are on or are they just playing people off??
3. Was planning on driving to the plant at start of 1st day and returning 'home' after 2nd day, and same for the nights- would this be viable?
4. Will there be scope for promotion as promised?
5. Do any people out there regret going?

Thanks in advance for any help
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 10:28 am
Just Joined

Sorry could I also add does anyone know if the 18k aed furniture allowance is more for family's or is this grade related also?
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

expathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by zac3001
Sorry could I also add does anyone know if the 18k aed furniture allowance is more for family's or is this grade related also?
It seems TS are still using old figures.....

If you're grade 10, you should get 18,000 aed furniture allowance single status, if your married it's 21.... Plus 3,000 for every child, so 24,000 for married plus one etc.

The good news is your salary is a lot higher than what you thought..

I take it 2,400 pounds is basic plus general plus supplementary....

Now you can add on 600 shift, 1000 remote area, 1500 disturbance and the new one of 4230 12 hour shift..... So add another grand a month on your figures at least...... You can thank me later
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

GRATEFUL FOR ANY HELP

Have just got my visa through for al hosn operators job, could anyone tell me the following please? (We are coming out as a family, my work visa lists me as single, we plan to be married before arriving in the UAE, one child coming with us)

1. Housing allowance offer is 110k aed -is this higher for a family allowance or solely based on the job grading? same if you're single or family.....
2. Have been offered approx £2400 p/m -is this what operators are on or are they just playing people off?? pm me your offer and I'll tell you what else you get
3. Was planning on driving to the plant at start of 1st day and returning 'home' after 2nd day, and same for the nights- would this be viable? basically. No. Expect to be away for 4 nights, 3 if you drive up at 3am the morning you start
4. Will there be scope for promotion as promised?cant answer that as I'm not an operator, I just work in operations...
5. Do any people out there regret going?
I for one don't .... Love the place, best move I ever made
Thanks in advance for any help
There you go
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 9:09 am
Just Joined

Firstly thank you very much for your answers, extremely helpful

Unfortunately I took photos of the contract which have died with my old phone, what I do know is that with the basic and allowances offered it came to approx 15k aed/month, there was definitely no 12 hour shift allowance included in that

The problem I have is that the preliminary contract goes on the figures I mentioned, so I'm guessing I need to go to al hosn and ask for an updated contract with the figures you mentioned. Can I ask how recent these changes were made?

Thanks again
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Firstly thank you very much for your answers, extremely helpful

Unfortunately I took photos of the contract which have died with my old phone, what I do know is that with the basic and allowances offered it came to approx 15k aed/month, there was definitely no 12 hour shift allowance included in that

The problem I have is that the preliminary contract goes on the figures I mentioned, so I'm guessing I need to go to al hosn and ask for an updated contract with the figures you mentioned. Can I ask how recent these changes were made?

Thanks again
They won't be in your contract, they're not in anyone's. They are additional allowances for being site based. All have come in over the past 9 months. The big 12 hour allowance came in last month (got it backdated 4 months too lol) ... If you are site based you will definitely get them. Your contract shows what you would get every month regardless of where you work, when you get to site you'll get a nice increase...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.