Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Old Mar 3rd 2013, 7:07 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Originally Posted by Welshpat1
Thought this site was for advice and news for people thinking of moving abroad.
If it was only for people thinking of moving abroad, who would you ask for news and advice?

The site involves an amount of leg-pulling, so does life in the Middle East. If you can't handle that, perhaps you should reconsider your goals.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 9:18 am
Just Joined

Jamesjones is an unknown quantity at this point

Any1 got any more offers yet? When are you expected to start out and fly out?
Old Mar 4th 2013, 9:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

If these guys make such a mess of recruitment, how will they be at putting out fires ? Would YOU want to work for them ?
Old Mar 4th 2013, 10:14 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
If these guys make such a mess of recruitment, how will they be at putting out fires ? Would YOU want to work for them ?
To be fair its the guys on here putting the fires out. The ****tards trying to recruit them will be drinking arabic coffee and ****ing off home at 2.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

I just noticed how easy it is to be in the mood for jokes when you're not waiting for a job offer, thinking of moving to another country, and relocating your family.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

SJBexLFB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by seven seas
I just noticed how easy it is to be in the mood for jokes when you're not waiting for a job offer, thinking of moving to another country, and relocating your family.
excellent point sevenseas! the fact is many of us have had our lives on hold since early january and it's been incredibly frustrating, but it is what it is...basically a 3rd world country albeit with pots of money, so while they hurtle along at a snails pace, it is time to consider...do i really want to work for these guys?
Old Mar 4th 2013, 4:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SJBexLFB
it is what it is...basically a 3rd world country albeit with pots of money
Probably the most realistic post on here. Whatever your decision is, should they ever get past cheap, incompetent recruitment agencies, are they going to be any better on the ground?
Old Mar 4th 2013, 10:39 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SJBexLFB
excellent point sevenseas! the fact is many of us have had our lives on hold since early january and it's been incredibly frustrating, but it is what it is...basically a 3rd world country albeit with pots of money, so while they hurtle along at a snails pace, it is time to consider...do i really want to work for these guys?
There is 2 paces here, we want you and start tomorrow or we may have work for you in the future and lets string things along and see what is in the market. I was here within 2 weeks of 1st phone call...............
Old Mar 4th 2013, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

expathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by britexpat76
There is 2 paces here, we want you and start tomorrow or we may have work for you in the future and lets string things along and see what is in the market. I was here within 2 weeks of 1st phone call...............
But which is the best one???? I took a job in Afghanistan, doing the same thing, and I was on a fraction of the pay of everyone else coz I accepted the first offer and was out there in 7 days. The recruitment agency know nothing until the company tell them who they went to employ.... I get that now,....al Hosn have interviewd hundreds of people, it'll be a nightmare if everyone got an offer at the same time. By the way, thanks for all the comments and witty banter guys, it's made the whole process a damn site easier.

I've got my offer now, so I'm happy. Hope to be seeing u all soon for a beer, especially SCAMP!!!!! Some of the guys in here need to lighten up.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 3:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expathopeful
But which is the best one???? I took a job in Afghanistan, doing the same thing, and I was on a fraction of the pay of everyone else coz I accepted the first offer and was out there in 7 days. The recruitment agency know nothing until the company tell them who they went to employ.... I get that now,....al Hosn have interviewd hundreds of people, it'll be a nightmare if everyone got an offer at the same time. By the way, thanks for all the comments and witty banter guys, it's made the whole process a damn site easier.

I've got my offer now, so I'm happy. Hope to be seeing u all soon for a beer, especially SCAMP!!!!! Some of the guys in here need to lighten up.
its also like probation on how the country runs, its not the uk, things are very different here and the recruitment process is no different to normal everyday things here, so if you cannot get past this point then you will find it difficult to adjust once you live out here.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 3:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by expathopeful

Are you pleased with it mate?

PM me if you want an input on the figures (I don't know about your job but can give you some ideas on costs and shit if you don't want to post it openly).
Old Mar 5th 2013, 5:30 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scamp
Firefighter are gay. Interesting. Is there a % figure we can quote?
I've known a couple but I definitely think I need to know more about this.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 5:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
I've known a couple but I definitely think I need to know more about this.
Careful, I got told off for asking that.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 5:55 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scamp
Careful, I got told off for asking that.
They are a touchy bunch (and not in a good way) on here aren't they?
Old Mar 5th 2013, 6:20 am
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
They are a touchy bunch (and not in a good way) on here aren't they?
There opinions don't count, one was welsh and the other named after a style of spud.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.