British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   ME Job Discussions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/)
-   -   Abu Dhabi Investment Council (ADIC) offer stage (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/abu-dhabi-investment-council-adic-offer-stage-938189/)

MyintD Apr 19th 2021 1:36 pm

Abu Dhabi Investment Council (ADIC) offer stage

Hello all,

It seems that there are not many discussions around ADIC on this forum, but i am having an offer discussion with HR this week.

Are they generally generous? Increase your base salary by 20% on top of housing and education allowance? Is it something i can expect of?

Anyone can share some insights?

Thanks

MyintD Apr 24th 2021 9:07 pm

Re: Abu Dhabi Investment Council (ADIC) offer stage

Anyone can help me to form a view on expected package, such as base, housing allowance and education allowance, etc.

sman987 Jun 8th 2021 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by MyintD (Post 12998872)
Anyone can help me to form a view on expected package, such as base, housing allowance and education allowance, etc.

They are similar to other government entities... Based on your grade you will get a housing number and an education number -- these are not moved (unless you get your grade to change).. Base salary is the only thing that will move. I know ADIA figures... at Junior/Mid Manager level they are housing 180-200; education 55K.... At senior levels 240 housing, education 65K... But education is going down to 48K across the board... ADIC are smaller and offer lighter numbers -- so I'd trim a bit of of those numbers

MyintD Jul 26th 2021 6:57 pm

From what i get both actually offer comparable figures. Sometimes smaller organisation perhaps need to pay more to attract talent, i guess.

In addition, i find one point not often discussed/mentioned by people is the business class return flight tickets for the family, which in some organisation you are paid in cash equivalent. So it is another bonus for expats (if he/she wants to save money by taking cheaper flights).

oklah Mar 27th 2022 6:31 am

MyintD sman987
1) We are considering an offer with Adic but they are offering a base number is USD, with no housing mentioned but schooling at about AED 50k/child. Any points to consider/watch out for?
2) Is it possible that they will then offer some of the base as base and some of it as housing in a final offer letter?
3) Also, any insight on seniority bands? What is the highest a non-emirate can reach in ADIC?

AKWK Apr 8th 2022 5:47 pm

The offer is what you will get in your contract most of the times at gov organizations in Abu Dhabi. They are switching to all-in comp.