39,500 per month Abu Dhabi

Old Dec 13th 2012, 5:53 pm
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 39,500 per month Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by busybee2 View Post
yeh go to baniyas or al fahal or shawamekh or shahama or bayia or wathba and then tell me if mbz is "local".
Why though? What is there in Shahama that would remotely interest me? I think places like Mussafah and MBZ and Khalifah A/B are remote, barren places with very little to entertain anyone. Why on earth would I want to go to places that were more remote, shabby and barren?

I love the attitude of some on here who criticise me for expressing dislike for such areas and yet the very same people will be down their local expat boozer over the weekend, and not enjoying a shawarma in Shahama, sitting crosslegged in the dust with the taxi drivers and labourers.

Going back to the OP, there is no way I would be comfortable with my wife living all day everyday in such places. At least in Abu Dhabi center it would be possible to have some semblance of a normal, civilised life.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 6:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fossildog View Post
Why though? What is there in Shahama that would remotely interest me? I think places like Mussafah and MBZ and Khalifah A/B are remote, barren places with very little to entertain anyone. Why on earth would I want to go to places that were more remote, shabby and barren?

I love the attitude of some on here who criticise me for expressing dislike for such areas and yet the very same people will be down their local expat boozer over the weekend, and not enjoying a shawarma in Shahama, sitting crosslegged in the dust with the taxi drivers and labourers.

Going back to the OP, there is no way I would be comfortable with my wife living all day everyday in such places. At least in Abu Dhabi center it would be possible to have some semblance of a normal, civilised life.
you are talking rubbish, of course your opinion is your opinion how long have you been in abu dhabi. if you think that kca and b are remote and barren dread what you would have thought 10 years ago, i moved out there before most people did, as i didnt mind the drive, and people's mentality was that you needed a passport to cross the bridge, but now kca and kcb have so many houses and amentities and so a lot of people live there now. i am trying to make you see that the expat areas of khalifa city or mbz are in no way the same as the local housing areas where expats are not allowed to rent in such as shahama etc and then you can see what the difference is, if you havent been there how can you comment on it. you cannot compare it like apples and pears, you want to go and look at the tca or hamdan area and see how civilised it may be!!!!? and i dont go into the pubs, but i do go into baniyas for my take away! do you? or go over to mafraq to etislat or baniyas to the shops oh dear what am i then?
Old Dec 13th 2012, 6:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse View Post
When did you get the full-stop key installed on your computer?
its broken as you know
Old Dec 14th 2012, 11:41 am
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2 View Post
you are talking rubbish, of course your opinion is your opinion how long have you been in abu dhabi. if you think that kca and b are remote and barren dread what you would have thought 10 years ago, i moved out there before most people did, as i didnt mind the drive, and people's mentality was that you needed a passport to cross the bridge, but now kca and kcb have so many houses and amentities and so a lot of people live there now. i am trying to make you see that the expat areas of khalifa city or mbz are in no way the same as the local housing areas where expats are not allowed to rent in such as shahama etc and then you can see what the difference is, if you havent been there how can you comment on it. you cannot compare it like apples and pears, you want to go and look at the tca or hamdan area and see how civilised it may be!!!!? and i dont go into the pubs, but i do go into baniyas for my take away! do you? or go over to mafraq to etislat or baniyas to the shops oh dear what am i then?
I cannot pick my way through your posts. To be honest you come across as semi-literate.
Old Dec 15th 2012, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nextgig View Post
Thanks for all the replies so far.

Are there any other areas in AD centre that I should consider? Sounds like MBZ isn't the place to live, and living in AD is the best idea.
If you're happy with a 40-minute commute, why not live in Dubai?

Or live in MBZ itself? Then you can choose to spend your free time in DXB or AUH .