Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

25K pcm Qatari for MRICS Services

25K pcm Qatari for MRICS Services

Old Jun 25th 2010, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

zoukla will become famous soon enough
Default 25K pcm Qatari for MRICS Services

We know that things are tough everywhere.
But having been headhunted from the UK for a handsome return here and now victim of the peak of recession. My colleague now finds this offer unbelievable!

How seriously can the QS folks in the forum take this offer ....full and final?

Does anyone know better offers around/companies hiring PQS's
Please pm me.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 12:31 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 25K pcm Qatari for MRICS Services

When you say "full and final" are you saying that there is nothing on top: no accommodation, no flights, no car, no health care?

Bahtatboy
BSc DipArb FRICS MCIarb
Old Jun 25th 2010, 12:40 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
When you say "full and final" are you saying that there is nothing on top: no accommodation, no flights, no car, no health care?
Bahtatboy
BSc DipArb FRICS MCIarb
You need to provide more information on the salary package and benefits.
Lionheart
BA(Hons), MBA, FCII, FCILA
Old Jun 25th 2010, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

zoukla will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy

Bahtatboy
BSc DipArb FRICS MCIarb
Got that right.nothing more.
He is BSC (hons) MRICS and 15 years plus experience.

N
Old Jun 26th 2010, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zoukla
N
might be worth becoming a freemason also. *funnyhandshakesmiley*
Old Jun 26th 2010, 5:13 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zoukla
He is BSC (hons) MRICS and 15 years plus experience.

N
Still beats signing on in the UK. Employer must know that he'll jump ship as soon as he can. Its a buyer's market in most parts of the region--pure economic forces. And if you were implying in your first post that he should reject it on principle: "principles never put food on't table nor coat on't babbie's back".

Plenty of posts/threads on BE about how to live frugally in the region. Yeah, maybe that's no what he's used to nor aspires to, but if he cuts his cloth accordingly he could still end up with GBP4k every month in the bank--that equates to a UK salary of around 80k. That ain't so bad.
Old Jun 26th 2010, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

25k all in is not good but I hear that some are accepting salaries like that to stay in the region - they must be really desperate. This type of package was on offer in the late 90's when accomodation was less expensive. There are other places in the world to work if you don't want to be in UK. ME is a transient place but it's not always easy to transfer jobs once you are here as you normally need a no objection letter from your current employer and an employer is not going to give that easily if they are getting you on the cheap!
Old Jun 29th 2010, 11:24 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

That's a shocker. I know for a fact that the going rate in Dubai was much more than that 4 years ago.

The latest fas I've noticed is agencies that insist they have an urgent requirement and promise you an interview but you are still waiting to hear anything months later.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Keoic is just really niceKeoic is just really niceKeoic is just really niceKeoic is just really niceKeoic is just really niceKeoic is just really niceKeoic is just really niceKeoic is just really nice

Hi,

I'm the Recruitment Manager International for KEO.

I have a number of vacancies for QS & commercail Managers in Qatar & Abu Dhabi right now.

We are only interested in talking to people who are degree qualified QS ( not civil engineers or MBA's or CIOB) and MRICS, that is, actual, current MRICS.

At QS level around 7-15 yrs post grad & at Commercial/ contracts/ claims level 15+ yrs experience across the different forms of contracts in the region.

Urgently require a Commercial & claims Manager for Qatar with major infrastructure experience including Water & Waste if possible. Plus 2 x QS in Qatar. Post Contract construction supervision. Mix of Contractor & consultancy experience highly regarded.

Our recruiter for this discipline is contacted at:
[email protected]

If you fall into the categories above - the salary quoted is just silly - by the way.