British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   ME Job Discussions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/)
-   -   ***** goes into Liquidation..... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A-goes-into-liquidation-616114/)

AbuDhabiCorniche Jun 22nd 2009 2:07 am

***** goes into Liquidation.....

There are reports in the UK construction press over the weekend that the UK construction giant <<snip>> has gone into liquidation. There were rumours at the beginning of the week coming from <<snip>> staff and this now appears to confirm it.

Looks like they stretched themselves too far and wide !!!

Special Bloke Jun 22nd 2009 2:33 am

Re: ***** goes into Liquidation.....

Originally Posted by AbuDhabiCorniche (Post 7686707)
There are reports in the UK construction press over the weekend that the UK construction giant <<snip>> has gone into liquidation. There were rumours at the beginning of the week coming from <<snip>> staff and this now appears to confirm it.

Cobblers! The press is full of contract wins for <<snip>> all over the world.

AbuDhabiCorniche Jun 22nd 2009 3:13 am

Re: **** goes into Liquidation.....

Originally Posted by Special Bloke (Post 7686735)
Cobblers! The press is full of contract wins for <<snip>> all over the world.

Well then the press is going to be full of <<snip>> defaulting on its contracts then isn't it !!

Special Bloke Jun 22nd 2009 4:46 am

Originally Posted by AbuDhabiCorniche (Post 7686783)
Well then the press is going to be full of <<snip>> defaulting on its contracts then isn't it !!

wot a complete bellend making stuff up like that

EXALOR Jun 22nd 2009 5:08 am

Originally Posted by Special Bloke (Post 7686920)
wot a complete bellend making stuff up like that

What makes you think its not true. I have been hearing similar rumours for weeks and frankly it does not surprise me the way they ran their business

lionheart Jun 22nd 2009 10:27 am

Originally Posted by AbuDhabiCorniche (Post 7686707)

What is your source? Can we have a link please or is this a malicious rumour from that "Kaka signs for Man City" journalist based over here?

Hello.Kitty Jun 22nd 2009 10:46 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7687598)
What is your source? Can we have a link please or is this a malicious rumour from that "Kaka signs for Man City" journalist based over here?

yeah, considering a Google search throws up this thread as primary source...

/golfclap

Special Bloke Jun 22nd 2009 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty (Post 7687658)
yeah, considering a Google search throws up this thread as primary source...

/golfclap

the OP is a complete knob head for starting this thread, and for setting up an ID especially to do this.

Blue Cat Jun 22nd 2009 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Special Bloke (Post 7687663)
the OP is a complete knob head for starting this thread, and for setting up an ID especially to do this.

do you know him :confused:

soukie Jun 22nd 2009 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Special Bloke (Post 7687663)

Looks like you have set up your ID simply to reply so what does that make you?

lionheart Jun 22nd 2009 11:19 am

If the OP cannot produce anything to support his outrageous claims (and I have searched through UK construction news and found nothing), it seems pretty obvious that he has his own agenda. Such posters should be banned.

Roadking Jun 22nd 2009 11:19 am

Originally Posted by soukie (Post 7687746)

The same person???

Special Bloke Jun 22nd 2009 11:20 am

Originally Posted by soukie (Post 7687746)

No, I set up my ID to ask where there was a photo booth in town

LOL

soukie Jun 22nd 2009 11:22 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7687758)
If the OP cannot produce anything to support his outrageous claims (and I have searched through UK construction news and found nothing), it seems pretty obvious that he has his own agenda. Such posters should be banned.

Agree - something like this should be backed up with the links to the "Uk construction press" that the OP talks about - I haven't seen any evidence or heard any rumours about <<snip>> in UK.

Sue Jun 22nd 2009 1:25 pm

I am closing this thread and removing the title. The OP has indeed registered with two different usernames, AbuDhabiCorniche and EXALOR, both of which have been banned. I don't know what the intention is of OP but clearly it is not to connect with other expats.

Thread Closed