Wikiposts

zulu's I-130 Questions

Old Jun 17th 2009, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

zulu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default zulu's I-130 Questions

Hi Sina,

I am in a situation very similiar to yours as my wife who is a US citizen is sending the I-130 petition for me to USCIS Services centre in USA from Pakistan which is where we live.

Hence i wanted to ask you a couple of things about filling in the I-130 & g-325 forms.

1) What address did you write in question B.2 of the I-130 Form.

2) What address did you write in the current address section of the G-325A for YOURSELF ( THE PETITIONER ).

3) Did you send a cover letter with your package stating why you are filing directly with USCIS & not in IRAN.

Would be really gratefull if you could assist me here.

Thanks
Old Jun 17th 2009, 5:17 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: zulu's I-130 Questions

Hi zulu, Welcome to BE.

I started a new thread for your questions (you tagged onto this thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=615191) because although you specifically asked Sina, you are using a different consulate and are not yet in Admin Processing, which is what his thread was about.

I was wondering why you are filing the I-130 to a service center in the USA, if you both live in Pakistan right now. Does Pakistan not accept DCF cases?

I can tell you that if the I-130 gets sent to the USA for processing, USCIS expects to see a US-based mailing address for future correspondence. The USC should have a stable US mailing address where someone can check the mail and let her know when to do the next step. USCIS assumes the USC is living in the USA when the I-130 is filed to a service center.

A cover letter stating the USC is living in Pakistan is not necessary, in my opinion. It won't make any difference in how they process the I-130 stateside.

Best Wishes,
Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Jun 17th 2009 at 5:20 pm.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

We cannot do dcf because my wife ( the petitioner ) does not have 6 month continous residency in Pakistan, we went to Turkey last month.

The embassy suggested we file i-130 to a USCIS office in the US TO SAVE TIME & yes we do have someone who can recieve mail reliably in the states.

Just wanted to know what to write in the G-325 current address part of my Wife ( THE PETITIONER).

REGARDS
Old Jun 17th 2009, 11:42 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zulu
We cannot do dcf because my wife ( the petitioner ) does not have 6 month continous residency in Pakistan, we went to Turkey last month.
You've misunderstood the requirements. If she is residing in Pakistan, then a visit to another country doesn't negate the fact that she's residing in Pakistan. She should file in Pakistan.

The embassy suggested we file i-130 to a USCIS office in the US TO SAVE TIME...
Usually, filing in the US *adds* time to the process.

Just wanted to know what to write in the G-325 current address part of my Wife ( THE PETITIONER).
It's not a trick question. If she's living in Pakistan, give her Pakistan address.

Ian
Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:05 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You've misunderstood the requirements. If she is residing in Pakistan, then a visit to another country doesn't negate the fact that she's residing in Pakistan. She should file in Pakistan.
While I agreed with you yesterday Ian, this OP posted elsewhere and it seems to be true; leaving Pak even for a holiday broke their eligibility to file in ISL.

zulu, there should be a place for mailing address and residence address. But I don't know how well we will be able to direct you as far as what address to put where.. you definitely run the risk of the worker opening your package in the US, seeing a foreign residence, and deciding to return your mail to you because you 'should' file in ISL. You'll want to be careful, and flexible, with your filing IMO.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:08 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
While I agreed with you yesterday Ian, this OP posted elsewhere and it seems to be true; leaving Pak even for a holiday broke their eligibility to file in ISL.
What? Madness!

Ian
Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:17 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

What? Madness!

Ian
I know, especially when they say (this is not boilerplate):

American citizens who have been residing in the Pakistan for the last six months may file I-130 petitions for their spouse and children (under the age of 21). American citizens may visit the Consular section on any working day between 8:30 am to 12:00 noon to file an I-130 petition. The fee for filing an I-130 petition is $355 or equivalent to Pakistani Rupees. (Please note that American citizens wishing to file an I-130 petition must demonstrate at least six months of residency in Pakistan, not merely physical presence, in order to file.)

(their emphasis, my bolding)
The OP said elsewhere that his spouse has lived in Pakistan for 20 YEARS.
It's ridiculous.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by meauxna
I know, especially when they say (this is not boilerplate):
I read "physical presence" to mean something more than just being in the country on a "temporary" basis such as a tourist might have. Someone who has a home there clearly does not have just a physical presence.

Ian
Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:30 am

I read "physical presence" to mean something more than just being in the country on a "temporary" basis such as a tourist might have. Someone who has a home there clearly does not have just a physical presence.

Ian
This is what I'm sayin'.
Unfortunately for zulu, we dont' work there.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

I think the petitioner address in the I-130 is the one where they send all the mails etc, So im writing my wifes sister's Missouri address there. There is no other address on the I-130 which asks for her current address, so i guess that should be the one.

There is one section in her G-325 which im not too sure about which is asking for her address in the last five years. Im guessing ill just write her Pakistani address there as im also sending a cover letter stating why im filing in US & not in Islamabad & hopefully they will understand my situation.

If i could not only get Sina to read my post, since he was in a similiar situation to mine. I want to know what exactly he wrote.

Regards
Old Jun 18th 2009, 5:00 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zulu
If i could not only get Sina to read my post, since he was in a similiar situation to mine. I want to know what exactly he wrote.

Regards
Sina doesn't come on the forum too often. If you want to get his attention, I'd send him a private message, so he will be notified to come on the forum to check his messages.

Rene
Old Jun 18th 2009, 7:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Sina doesn't come on the forum too often. If you want to get his attention, I'd send him a private message, so he will be notified to come on the forum to check his messages.

Rene
I don't think he has enough posts yet to send a PM.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by Michael
I don't think he has enough posts yet to send a PM.
Zulu shows 3 posts, which is the minimum needed for sending a PM.

Rene