British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   yet another question! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/yet-another-question-817999/)

blaveedez Dec 16th 2013 1:04 pm

yet another question!

Hello once again good people.
I'm not gonna ramble this time but its safe to say i've been jumping through some flaming hoops in the name of bureaucracy!
I finally got to the point of booking my medical, and could only get this coming thursday, now, my interview is on monday (23rd) and i was informed my results wouldn't be ready for my interview, they advised me to contact the embassy before my interview to check if i would need to reschedule, now after trying every which way to get in touch with the embassy (london) i finally found an address to PHYSICALLY write to! 21st century huh? but it says that the address is to specifically reschedule and doesn't mention needing to enquire about anything.
has anyone had experience they could share? as i don't really want to run the risk and just turn up and be refused.
many thanks
Dave.

hoffage123 Dec 16th 2013 1:07 pm

Re: yet another question!

Originally Posted by blaveedez (Post 11039446)
Hello once again good people.
I'm not gonna ramble this time but its safe to say i've been jumping through some flaming hoops in the name of bureaucracy!
I finally got to the point of booking my medical, and could only get this coming thursday, now, my interview is on monday (23rd) and i was informed my results wouldn't be ready for my interview, they advised me to contact the embassy before my interview to check if i would need to reschedule, now after trying every which way to get in touch with the embassy (london) i finally found an address to PHYSICALLY write to! 21st century huh? but it says that the address is to specifically reschedule and doesn't mention needing to enquire about anything.
has anyone had experience they could share? as i don't really want to run the risk and just turn up and be refused.
many thanks
Dave.

You won't be refused on the basis of a missing medical outcome. Turn up to the interview - if they don't have your results by that point the decision will be put on hold until they receive the results.

Hoffage

blaveedez Dec 16th 2013 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by hoffage123 (Post 11039450)
You won't be refused on the basis of a missing medical outcome. Turn up to the interview - if they don't have your results by that point the decision will be put on hold until they receive the results.

Hoffage

whew! thank you.
stay classy hoffage!
D.

ian-mstm Dec 16th 2013 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by blaveedez (Post 11039446)
... i was informed my results wouldn't be ready for my interview, they advised me to contact the embassy before my interview to check if i would need to reschedule...

You don't need to reschedule. Go to the interview. If your visa is otherwise approvable, it'll remain pending until such time as the medical results are received - and, barring any medical issues, it'll then be approved and issued. No worries. This is a very common scenario.

Ian

jeffreyhy Dec 16th 2013 5:24 pm

Actually, the visa application will be denied, under INA 221(g).

Originally Posted by hoffage123 (Post 11039450)
You won't be refused on the basis of a missing medical outcome.

Originally Posted by ian-mstm (Post 11039624)
If your visa is otherwise approvable, it'll remain pending until such time as the medical results are received - ...

Agreed.

Originally Posted by ian-mstm (Post 11039624)
... barring any medical issues, it'll then be approved and issued. No worries. This is a very common scenario.

Regards, JEff

blaveedez Dec 16th 2013 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy (Post 11039891)
Actually, the visa application will be denied, under INA 221(g).

Agreed.

Regards, JEff

Oooooookay......... Thats worrying, even if they're due to get the results 2 days later?
if they're gonna make you jump through hoops, i wish they'd stop putting buckets of poop on the other side!
D.

Speedwell Dec 16th 2013 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by blaveedez (Post 11039928)
Oooooookay......... Thats worrying, even if they're due to get the results 2 days later?
if they're gonna make you jump through hoops, i wish they'd stop putting buckets of poop on the other side!
D.

They deny it because they have two options... approve or deny... and they can't approve it until they get all of the information they need. Think of it as a reversible denial.

jeffreyhy Dec 16th 2013 6:11 pm

Or, as Mr.F often writes, a 'soft denial'.

Originally Posted by Speedwell (Post 11039974)
Think of it as a reversible denial.

S Folinsky Dec 16th 2013 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy (Post 11039987)
Or, as Mr.F often writes, a 'soft denial'.

A very soft denial indeed.

blaveedez Dec 16th 2013 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by S Folinsky (Post 11039990)
A very soft denial indeed.

So how long will this delay the process?! after 2 years this really is wearing me out!
D.

blaveedez Dec 16th 2013 6:16 pm

And will i get a hug?

jeffreyhy Dec 16th 2013 6:17 pm

Until the consulate receives the missing documentation and the case officer reviews it and determines that they now have all of the required material to make the visa application complete.

Which reminds me to ask - how did you manage to get a visa interview appointment without the consulate being in posession of the medical report?

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by blaveedez (Post 11039999)
So how long will this delay the process?! after 2 years this really is wearing me out!
D.

civilservant Dec 16th 2013 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by blaveedez (Post 11040002)
And will i get a hug?

From the ConOff? Only if they really like you!

S Folinsky Dec 16th 2013 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by civilservant (Post 11040047)
From the ConOff? Only if they really like you!

I've never been in the London consulate -- do they have the plate glass window?

civilservant Dec 16th 2013 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by S Folinsky (Post 11040085)
I've never been in the London consulate -- do they have the plate glass window?

Yep, at least all the booths I saw did.