Reload this Page >

yeah...got reciept and ead appointment at SF. have a few questions

Wikiposts

yeah...got reciept and ead appointment at SF. have a few questions

Old Aug 24th 2003, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

sandy- pie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default yeah...got reciept and ead appointment at SF. have a few questions

hello there. we are so excited that steve is finally going to be able to work. The paper said "any thursday after AUG.27th" so we are off this thursday. So if you have and appointment do you still have to go super early. We are going to the San Francisco BCIS. it says we can go after 9:30. I know he needs to get finger printed and things...
my work wants me to work in the afternoon...is this going to be possible? what on average is the time one gets out of the office if there is one.
Groovy -thanks for the help!
sandy
Old Aug 24th 2003, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Sandy-Pie - its good to see your pretty-short timeline out of SF. We're going to be filing AOS paperwork very soon after our big day next week
Old Aug 24th 2003, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

happy-220 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: yeah...got reciept and ead appointment at SF. have a few questions

Originally posted by sandy- pie
hello there. we are so excited that steve is finally going to be able to work. The paper said "any thursday after AUG.27th" so we are off this thursday. So if you have and appointment do you still have to go super early. We are going to the San Francisco BCIS. it says we can go after 9:30. I know he needs to get finger printed and things...
my work wants me to work in the afternoon...is this going to be possible? what on average is the time one gets out of the office if there is one.
Groovy -thanks for the help!
sandy
Sandy,
Because you have an appointment, you will be using the Sansome entrance. You don't have to stand in line for that. It took me less than two hours to renew my EAD in SF. That was in Jan. However, some people have stated that it took them more than four hrs. They had their appointments more recently.
It is therefore hard to say how long it will take you.
All the best.

Cheers!
Old Aug 24th 2003, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Caro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: yeah...got reciept and ead appointment at SF. have a few questions

You definitely don't have to go super early. If your paper says that you can come anytime after 9:30am, I am not sure if you want to come early or not.

1) I renewed my EAD same day in SF at the beginning of January (the most crowded day they had ever seen according to them). I arrived really early in room 100, and I must have given them my application around 7:30-8:00am. Something got screwed up, and after several hours of waiting, I finally got called up (almost 1:00pm). I went up (room 200 something) to pick up the EAD. It was around 1:00pm when they called me up to take fingerprint, picture, etc, and the room was empty. I was out by 1:10pm. There were 2 other people waiting with me.

2) I picked up my EAD in November 2002 in the same room (200 something). I came early (maybe 8:30-9:00?) and the room was packed. I had to wait over an hour to get the AP.

So maybe showing up around 11:00am-12:00pm (I don't know if they tell you what time they close, but I would imagine that they are still open at 11:00am) might be better than showing up very early. I can not tell for sure, because I have never tried it. [Of course, knowing me, I would still show up at 9:20am at the entrance on Sansome, just because it would make me feel less nervous, even if I have to wait longer...]

Sandy, if you have to take off work to go to the EAD, I would say that it is not really worth going. My husband came with me the first time (back in the days, way before we had discovered the NG, so we were all worried) and then I renewed it by myself in SF. It was piece of cake!!! Really. So, you could save that day to do something fun with him instead another time

It is not really an interview. It is just a matter of putting your finger in ink to get the print of 1 finger (nothing to do with the fingerprints), having your picture taken, probably signing somewhere, and getting a brand-new EAD card 5 minutes later.

Hope that helps a bit!
Caroline
Old Aug 25th 2003, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

sandy- pie is an unknown quantity at this point

well, i dont really have a choice on wether i get to go with him or not. He doesnt drive, and he isnt really comfortable with getting around on public transit just yet. My work is pretty giving with days off...i just wont get paid thanks for all the info..it has really helped. I can't wait to oget this stuff done!!!!!
sandy
Old Aug 25th 2003, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Caro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sandy- pie
well, i dont really have a choice on wether i get to go with him or not. He doesnt drive, and he isnt really comfortable with getting around on public transit just yet. My work is pretty giving with days off...i just wont get paid thanks for all the info..it has really helped. I can't wait to oget this stuff done!!!!!
sandy
Public transit is easy around here!

If you drop him off at a Bart station, it is very easy to get to the INS building [and probably easier than finding parking...]. Station is Montgomery. INS building is 5-10 minutes by feet from BART/Muni station. Take the exit on Sansome St (you have to walk all the way back to find it), the INS building can not be missed: it is the one with the big line, it had at least a dozen flags on its roof last time we went, and it is just after the fire station (fire station and INS building are facing each other). Cross Street is Washington St. Entrance is on Sansome Street for appointments. You will probably need to go to room 200 (take elevator straight after security, exit elevator on 2nd floor, room 200 will be the big room on your left or right depending on which elevator you took. You can notmiss it!).

Caroline